1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Video Software for PVR-250

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by TMLewiss, Aug 27, 2004.

1. TMLewiss

TMLewiss Member

Right now I am useing WinTV 2000 and I was wondering if there is better software for recording from PVR-250. The main reason I really want to get a new program do record with is because interlanceing is horrible through WinTV 2000. SO if anyone knows how to fix that or a better program please post. Thanks in advance.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are you useing the "Hauppague WinTV PVR-250"???

If you are then you are stuck with the WinTV 2000 Software that came with the Card because it is a Proprietary Device which means it only works with Software that is Made specificly for that Device...

But even if there was other Software you could use it would not make any differance because the WinTV PVR-250 is a hardware Encoder so the Video is Compressed to Mpeg on the card so the software has no effect on the quality of the Captured video ,The Software just facilitates the Transfer of the Mpeg data from the Card to your Hard drive.....

You should only see the Interlaceing when watching on your PC Monitor and Not on your TV because your Monitor isn"t made to Display Interlaced Content so it will allways show interlace artifacts were your TV set is Made to display Interlaced Material and can Only display Interlaced Material so you should not see the artifacts at all on TV, That is unless your Card has a Bug in it that makes it Capture in a Reverced Field order....

Cheers