1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to burn 2 .mpges

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jBoRiCuA, Feb 2, 2005.

1. jBoRiCuA

jBoRiCuA Member

Hello,

I read many threads explaining how to join 2 .mpges and burning but they're all different. I was wondering if someone could tell me the best way step by step to join them and burn them. Here's a list of the programs I currently have installed:

Nero Burning ROM 6
    WinAVI
    VirtualDub

I know I'm missing a .mpeg joiner, just waiting for someone to tell me which one to use.

Ok, so what I need is for somebody to please tell me how to join two .mpges and convert them to DVD (If I can't use WinAVI to convert). I know how to burn the DVD with Nero.

Thnx,
    Juan

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You are missing the best: TMPGenc 2.5 (which is free, if you don't want to load/encode MPEG-2 [SVCD] files).

The best way (but can you people read the 'sticky' threads??) is written in http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110106 .

The game is:

(1) encode the movie (often it's necessary, if the .MPG it isn't already a 352x240 (288) NTSC (PAL) mpeg-1). This applies 100% on AVIs.
    (2) make a VCD image with Nero, VCDear, VCDEasy )
    You can fit many movies: 80' movies = 1 CD; if they exceed 80' split them: use TMPGenc--> MPEG Tools ---> Merge & Cut. As type: MPEG-1 Video-CD.
    (3) burn the cue/bin image with your favorite application (Alcohol 120%, Nero, CDRWin...)

AVOID CONVERTING MOVIES TO DVD MOVIES: GARBAGE IN = GARBAGE OUT. THE QUALITY CAN'T INCREASE, IT CAN ONLY DECREASE.

For the same reason, SVCDs are not very useful. More, only a 50' movie fit in a CD and you need a registered version of TMPGenc.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  3. jBoRiCuA

jBoRiCuA Member

Nevermind

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005