1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to connect satellite digibox to my system

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fehrion, Jan 4, 2004.

1. fehrion

fehrion Guest

Hi, I hope someone is able to help here. I have been able to record tv shows onto my hard drive using the antenna in on my Medion tuner card, and have created dvd's of these bjut I am wondering if I can get a better quality recording. I also have Svideo and Composite inputs on my system. I want to record from the digibox which has 2 scart outs - 1 to the TV and 1 which is marked VCR - I am trying to use this to connect to my system. I cannot get a signal on my system from this connection. My system has Cyberlink PowerCinema and PowerProducer on it, I have changed to Svideo connection but nothing appears on the monitor. I am using a scart to svideo + two phono plugs lead. Am I doing something wrong or not doing something I should be doing? Also, the software seems limited in its recording qualities - limited to best, better, standard quality and so on. When recording to DVD I have 3 options - 60 mins dvd, 120 mins dvd and 180 mins dvd - each of which has progressively worse recording quality. Which of these should I use? Sorry for this long rambling post, any help is appreciated and I will give more info if I can.

fehrion

2. fehrion

fehrion Guest

Is there anyone who can help,please, or am I in the wrong section?

3. luxurylap

luxurylap Member

Are you sure your lead is a 'scart to svideo' and not an 'svideo to scart' lead? They're not the same.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

4. fehrion

fehrion Guest

Don't be worried about stating the obvious with me - at the moment nothing is obvious. Thanks for replying - how can I tell if it's scart to svideo? The scart plug has a full set of pins and there is no switch as I've seen on some scart leads, hope this helps.