1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best way to conv svcd 2 dvd or avi?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by isomaster, Oct 5, 2003.

1. isomaster

isomaster Member

hi guys

i am experienced at converting avi to dvd have done 100+ movies but now i'v come across a new problem
    i have 2 svcd discs parts 1 and 2 of a movie it is a dvd copy i want to convert it to an avi or dvd which ever is easiest to do have read around some threads but just wondering which is easier

thanks

Graham

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

Yes i have this dilemma too! so i will jump on this thread also i have done no conversion even vcd! i have only done NTSC to PAL and DVD to DVD-R

Thx...

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I would imagine that the conceptually simplest technique to do is to pop it into VirtualDub, set the audio/video compression settings and save it as an AVI.

TMPGEnc also has an interface of sorts to do this kind of conversion and is sometimes more forgiving for errors and such with MPEG files.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

SVCD to DVD or AVI, hmm

Well SVCD to AVI, for good results I recommend Dr. Divx, although VirtualDUB is the option if you're not willing to spend money!

For SVCD to DVD, for the very best results, either frameserve from DVD2AVI to CCE SP or to TMPGEnc! A couple of guides like these would do good so i'll keep it in mind!