1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best XBOX MOD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jimmy42, Nov 3, 2004.

1. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

Recently I decided to upgrade my Xbox Modchip. I used to have an Xecuter 2.2 LITE chip in my system, however I began to want a mod with better features then the Xecuter LITE chip line offered. After much reading I determined the Xenium ICE chip ( Found here for $46 [possibly less now] http://www.xbox-modchips.com/xenium.htm )

Unlike the Xecuter LITE chip, the Xenium had a massive 2MB Bios Storage Capacity. These chips also come with a FREE USB ADAPTER for Keyboard, Mouse & most other USB DEVICES also they come with an External / INTERNAL LED's for your LIGHT MODDING adventures ( the LED's can be daisy chained together for EXTREME LIGHT modding :)

I've saved the BEST part for last, these chips come with their OWN OS!! Xodus team has developed their own LEGAL OS not based on LINUX ( so if MS ever releases a v1.7 or v1.8 console, the Xodus Xenium OS will be the FIRST to work on them. This is because most other chips such as the XECUTERS are based on LINUX and they must wait for LINUX to be compatible w/ a new version of the XBOX before they can have their CHIP functioning 100% which is the SUX :(

The Xodus Xenium OS has soo many cool features here is a small list of the features:

- UNLOCK and LOCK Hard Drives

- CLONE Hard Drive ( allows you to clone your current xbox drive over to a new DRIVE, on the FLY. So now you wont loose those precious SAVED GAMES, MAPS, CHARACTERS & HIGH SCORES )

- Built in BAD FLASH RECOVERY MODE if you flash your chip wrong, dont worry you can RECOVER IT!!!

- Built in HTTPD Browser which allows you to REFLASH BIOS via HTTP !!!!!!

- Built in FTPD so now you can connect to your xbox via FTP w/o the need of a DASHBOARD!!! Very Very USEFUL!!!

- There is a SOLDERLESS ADAPTER for this chip, for those of you who do not enjoy soldering. Which is only $51 here: http://www.americanxboxmodchips.com/xenium-solderless.htm

- There is so many more cool features of, and there is always something new being added. They constantly are releasing new OS's

2. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

just wanted to say but if M$ ever did come out with a 1.7 or 1.8, then it wouldn't affect you because your xbox always stays the SAME version. it would only affect you if you bought a new xbox. and the only reason for M$ releasing a 1.7 or 1.8 is to prevent modding
    dont put down xecuters because im pretty hapy with mine!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2004
  3. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

I am in no way putting down xecuters, I have another system with an Xecuter3 chip and used to have the Xecuter 2.2LITE and even 2.3B LITE in this system. So I've had my fair share of Xecuter chips, I just wanted to test out a Xenium. I must say its blown me away!

The only thing I wanted to point out, was simply the Xenium ICE chip has far more features then the Standard Xecuter 2.x LITE chip, and even the Factory Xecuter3 ( before you reflash & even after the fact )

You've just got to respect a team like Xodus, they have developed their OWN OS, unlike the Xecuter x3 OS which is simply based on LINUX and has bottle necks the Xenium OS does not have.

Yes a version change will not effect me if I've installed this on an older version, I was simply trying to emphasize my point as to why the Xenium ICE is better then an Xecuter chip.

The Xecuter OS (on the x3 the lite DOES NOT have an OS) is based on LINUX therefore when a new Xbox like v1.7 or v1.8 comes out Xecuter OS will have to wait for Linux to catch up, which has proven to take some time.

However the Xenium OS is not based on LINUX and they do not have to wait for LINUX to catch up, they can begin work on v1.7 or v1.8 IMMEDIATELY.

Here is what you get with your Xenium ICE Kit, External / Internal LED's, an advanced USB Adapter, A set of Header Pins, a d0 and finally the Chip
    [​IMG]

4. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

5. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

WOW! I didn't mean to piss you off (if you're not sorry). But, just to add, I don't really think it matters if its OS or Cromwell-Based because your going to flash it anyway (right?) And with the 1.7 and 1.8, I think microsoft will try their hardest to do something like change the LPC again so you'll have to rebuild it. Also, you might have to buy a new chip for a 1.7 and 1.8 because all the chips for 1.6b and under could be useless (that means Xeniums too).

If you didn't get that:
    -The OS is fully compatible.:D
    -The chip is [bold]NOT[/bold] compatible WTF!?! ;(

6. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

X3 is great, xenium ice is great, especially for people that wanna get into development etc
    x2.6 is cheaper, does what I need..........so I like it! lol, .......although the x2.6 doesnt have its own OS, it DOES now have the ability to lock/unlock and flash from hdd instead of disc, plus some reallly useful LED lights on the switch.
    but theyre all good:)