1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"BeSweet...,bothered...,and Bewildered"(audio conversion)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mrlewp, Feb 21, 2004.

1. mrlewp

mrlewp Member

(sounds like making of song title)
    This BeSweet audio converter thing. Using the GUI that compliments it, thinking should be easy now. For a 'newbie' real pain! Enter anything wrong, and I find no way to reverse input data. Tried Wizard way, and also using the gui control panel. In wizard mode, I get to the "GO" button, and log window pops up. What and I supposed to do with this ??? Enter the entire command line that is displayed above or what?
    Thought GUI was to make it all simple.
    >>What I want to do is take a .wav file, convert it to an .mp2 file. That's it.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

3. mrlewp

mrlewp Member

Finding that lame is a command line tool, I then hunted down "all2lame" gui. Now I have yet another mp3 tool to add to collection. I thought I was going to be able to create mp2, which is what I really need for IFOedit, according to these instructions.
    (lost actual link, so had to use text from saved doc.)

Tools required:
    Ifoedit
    ImgTool Classic 0.9
    DVDDecrypter

The basic steps to create a DVD:
    (skip this text....)

Step 1 - Encoding
    Read under the DVD Convert section here how to convert your video to DVD. If you have captured directly to DVD MPEG standard like with a WinTV PVR(as I have made in this tutorial) you don't have to encode to DVD. If you have encoded the video to one mpg/mpeg file be sure to demultiplex the mpg to a video file and audio file(s). Read here how to demultiplex. Rename the audio file to anything.mpa if it is named anything.mp2. << NOTE <<

Step 2 - Authoring

Ifoedit supports basic DVD Authoring with several selectable audio tracks in all audio formats(pcm/wav,mpeg1 layer2, dd and dts audio), several selectable subtitles and chapters but no menus.
    Note that this new author function in Ifoedit 0.9.5/0.9.4 may be a bit buggy so use it only for testing.

Start Ifoedit.

1. Select DVD Author->Author New DVD in the menu.
    2. Add the video m2v video files.
    3. Add th audio source(s)(if you can't find the audio file, be sure that you have rename the audio to mpa if is name mp2. << HERE AGAIN !!

Tried renaming mp3 file to .mpa, and didn't work.
    What now?

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

If you scroll down on the site I linked to, you'll find this:
    That's what I was talking about ;)

5. mrlewp

mrlewp Member

Thanks .. my eyes glaze when I see "Command" anything. Guess I'll have to get my feet wet!