1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better process available?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hughesgp, Feb 7, 2007.

1. hughesgp

hughesgp Member

I've been backing up my DVD's with dvd shrink and dvd decrypter for about a year now, maybe more. I've been encountering more errors recently. Is there a better process I should be using? Or something else I can do to help bypass this?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hello hughesgp,

Unfortunatley DVDShrink and DVD Decrypter are no longer kept up to date, but they are still usefull programs to have. Having both of those you could go with adding either DVDFab Decrypter or RipIt4Me to the equation and be able to continue using those two proggies. Using DVDFab Decrypter would probably be the easiest seeing all you would change is that you would use DVDFD to rip your movie to the hard drive first and then you could use Shrink to compress and DVDD to burn. RipIt4Me uses both DVDD and DVDShrink and is right now the sure fire way to backup most DVDs. I have a couple of guides for both ways here GUIDES

Good luck

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  3. onya

onya Guest

Poor old Shrink and DVD Decrypter, have not been updated for a donkeys age. Their decryption algorithms, are outgunned by newer releases. My advice is to keep shrink for the compression, but use another Decrypter like AnyDVD. Having said that, here are some fine guides with software downloads.

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

Cheers.