1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bf2 problems need help

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by qwerty977, Jul 27, 2006.

1. qwerty977

qwerty977 Guest

I have bf2 but when I click on the icon to start the game it crashes most of the time. Some time it does not crash and then right before the mamp starts it crashes and goes to the desktop screen or goes black or just freezes. My computer is a hp dv4100e amd 4200 x2 processor, 2 gigs of ram, nvidia 6600 256 mb video card drivers are loaded on the video card. My computer should be able to handle this game but always crashes. I contacted ea and uninstalled it manually then reinstalled it but I still have the same problem. Need help!!

Thank You

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

try updating your mobo bios and or your videocard drivers

3. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Hey,

I have a bit of a problem with bf2 aswell. When i launch the gamme it gets to the box which appears in the middle of the screen just before it goes full screen. And it just stays there and it just crashes and does nothing!

:(

Any ideas??

Cheers lecsiy

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

try uninstalling it and doing a clean reinstall

5. qwerty977

qwerty977 Guest

My video card driver is updated whats the mobo bios? Also when I click on easy info it says my processor is 995 mhz when I have a amd 4200 x2 processor. I opened other applications so the processor was at a faster speed like 3 ghz but I still have the same problem.

6. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Cheers aabbccdd its up and running now!

Battlefield 2 rocks lol!

Cheer for your help!

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

qwerty977 , motherboard bios, mobo for short, try doing an update

8. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

What version of the game do you have? Im not sure about the other crashing but crashing right after a map loads is a known issue caused by the 1.3 patch that happens at random and EA wont fix it until the next scheduled patch.

9. qwerty977

qwerty977 Guest

Ive downloaded every patch once they came out and on every patch I always get the same crashing problems.

10. qwerty977

qwerty977 Guest

I just uninstalled bf2 and re-installed it and I still have the crashing problem.

11. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

o by the way guys bf2 patch 1.4 is out!!

Cant remember were i found it but its definatly available. The best new option is the ability to "DISABLE VEHICLES" pretty cool eh!!

Lecsiy

12. esrever

esrever Regular member

qwerty > Try reviewing the video card compatability list on EA's website. Some cards are not supported.

Lecsiy > Really? Vehicles can be disabled? I have to see this. I hate those choppers lol.

Also you can download pretty much any patch or mod from any game from fileplanet.com

13. qwerty977

qwerty977 Guest

I have a nvidia 6600 with 256 mb which is supported. I should be able to play this game since everything is supported amd 4200 processor and 2 gigs of ram also.

14. DrThunder

DrThunder Member

Maybe the game is being blocked by your firewall if you have one?
    The game will not start if a internet connection is not detected or it atleast will not for me.

15. qwerty977

qwerty977 Guest

It works sometimes but most of the time it just doesn't work. Does it matter that I have a 6600 express card. Or do some ge force 6600 from nvidia are not supported by the game.

16. DrThunder

DrThunder Member

Your card is fine, it has more then enough power to run the game.
    I have had bf2 crash on me for no reason many times. Also when you try to start the game what happens exactly, is it just a black screen? Or does it try and load then crash to the desktop?

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

18. bjj

bjj Member

Having major problems with directx driven games crashing after roughly 20 mins of play, esp. Battlefield 2 and Counterstrike Source. Even Google Earth crashes after same time period in directx mode. OpenGL games run fine for hours.
    Dxdiag finds no errors, there is nothing noteworthy in the system logs. Graphics card is not overheating etc.
    One freaky thing is when Google Earth crashes, it eats up all the CPU usage (~99-100%), so everything runs slow until I kill the process.

I've run the rig with an old Geforce 5200 card and get *exactly* the same symptoms :(

I've tried reverting to service pack 1, re-installing counter-strike, nvidia drivers etc. System is now a new install since I wiped the OS trying to solve the problem, and now that I have all drivers up and running, I'm getting the same problem.

To my knowledge, there is nothing misconfigured in bios, however this is the first PCI-Express card I've owned so I may be mistaken. Recently flashed the BIOS to latest version (after this problem occurred so that's not it).

Any and all help will be gratefully received.

Specs:
    Mobo: ASRock 939 Dual SATA2
    Ram: 1.5gig PC3200
    Vid: ASUS EN7600GT 256mb
    CPU: AMD64 3700+
    Onboard audio

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  19. qwerty977

qwerty977 Guest

The game trys to start and then goes to the desktop screen. The game does work every once in a while if I restart my comp 4 times and start the game about 6 times but most of the time it does not. If I just installed a new driver for the video card then the game seems to work only for the first time and thats it.

20. qwerty977

qwerty977 Guest

I can run other games fine such as call of duty 2 and cs source only bf2 gives me problems.