1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Audio problem relating to Final Cut Pro HD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by FPJ, Jan 17, 2005.

1. FPJ

FPJ Guest

THIS IS WITH MY G4 EMAC....

So I'm working on an independant shot on video movie, and am using a mini disc recorder to record external audio. The mic is an Audio Technica shotgun mic, with a chord that converts the XLR hookup to a stereo mini

My problem is all the audio sounds as if it's on a surround sound channel only?? When I burned it on a DVD all the recorded audio attached to the Video plays fine but the external audio is very low and distorted on 3 DVD players that I played it in.

The 4th DVD player I used had a home theatre sound system, and it sounded great!!!

Can anyone explain this, or have any idea how I could get this to play on all players??

thank you

2. centrix

centrix Member

When you convert the XLR standard to 3.5mm, you lose stereo quality, the minidisc player is capable of 2.1 channel surround, and the dvd player plays only what the minidisc player sent it. However, the surround thatre is probably at least 5.1 channel and converts the signal (minidisc is digital, so it is possible). try using an AC3 converter to convert the audio to 5.1 or higher to get the quality you need.

3. ILoveAD

ILoveAD Guest

ya so go over there and take it to cd ripper