1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG f**king DVD Problem!!! (LiteOn DVD-ROM LTD122)

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Jim_M, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Jim_M

Jim_M Member

Hi!

I've got a LiteOn DVD-ROM LTD122, and I started to get problems 3 weeks after I got it.
    Now the problem is that it can't read discs properly. Audio CD's work fine most of the time, CD-ROM's is just a big fusking mess (it's opening new Windows Explorer windows and all kinds of crap), DVD's, I have to put them in and take them out sometimes like 5-6 times before it even sees it's a disc in the drive. Once it sees the drive and I start to play the movie I have to have a bit of luck to even get it to start, and if it doesn't start the whole system crashes most of the time, so I have to press Reset. But if I get to play it works kind of good in the begining, but then it just starts to fusk up more and more the longer in to the movie I get.
    Sometimes it will crash my PC up to 10 times in a movie and I have to press "Ctrl+Alt+Del", but that doesn't work so often, so it mostly just Reset.

I haven't put any kind of dirty or "Not Clean" disc in the drive. And I've also tried with a few cleaning discs, and they did nothing, I'm gonna try to get a new cleaning disc tomorrow and see if it'll help any.

And this is my PC:
    Abit KT7A RAID motherboard
    AND Athlon Thunderbird 900MHz
    128 MB DIMM RAM
    30GB HD
    GeForce2 MX-400 32MB RAM
    SoundBlaster 128

Please if you could help!!!

Thank!!!!!

2. Jim_M

Jim_M Member

Anyone??? Please!!!?

3. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Sounds like you'd best return the drive and have it fixed or exchanged for a new one.

4. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

I USE A SIMILAR DRIVE ON MY SYSTEM AND HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM (LITE ON LTD 163) I HAVE RETURNED IT FOR REPAIR SEVERAL TIMES AND THE SUPLIER CANT FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT WHEN REPLACED IN MY PC IT WORKS FINE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS THEN F**KS UP AGAIN MY CONCLUSION IS THE DRIVES JUST SUCK IN THE END I SWAPPED THE DRIVE FOR A PIONEER AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS SINCE

5. Jim_M

Jim_M Member

I've also returned my drive (but only once) to the store where I bought it and it worked fine, then I got home and it worked without any problem at all for 2 days, then it started F**CKING UP again. What's the f**cks with the LiteOn DVD drives???????
    But my CD-RW, LiteOn LTR 12101B (12x10x32x) works fine, I gues I should be happy for that cause that's the DVD drives are cheap, but writers...

Thanks!!!
    I think I'm gonna get a new DVD drive. But not a Sony, cause a friend of mine just got a Sony DVD drive and most of the time he puts a disc in it the whole system frezes for a minute or two (even the cursor).

6. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Try Toshiba or Pioneer. They are both brands with a good reputation.

7. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

I have the same problem with my lite dvd i put a cd or dvd in and it spits it out like it doesnt like it or something.. I have since replaced the drive with a pioneer (kicks major butt) and took my lite-on dvd player threw it up in the air stomped on it and smashed the hell out of it and I'm now going to ship it back 2 the company. I also need to send a note telling them to smell the drive because it is a piece of crap.

I own a lite cd burner 12x and that works really well. I also bought a pioneer stand alone dvd player which plays dvd,vcd,cdr,cdrw,dvdr,dvdrw. and it kicks butt and plays vcd's better then any stand alone players I have ever owned (6).