1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by RustyMetr, Dec 30, 2007.

1. RustyMetr

RustyMetr Member

My Xbox is softmodded. Now it won't read any discs. Not even the originals. When I turn it on and it boots into XBMC, it says that the drive door is open, even when it's not. I don't have the game that was used to mod it(and even if I did, it probably wouldn't matter, since it won't read the discs). It was modded with MechAssault. Is there another way to remove the softmod? Or, does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

2. RustyMetr

RustyMetr Member

Okay, I need a hand with this, seriously. Now it won't boot into ANY dashboard, just the installer screen that it boots to when you leave the tray open. Game discs, as well as the auto-installer disc lists as unknown in the tray options. What's up? I need a hand with this...

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Was your drive working before? Do you have a Phillips drive?

4. RustyMetr

RustyMetr Member

I think I have a corrupt backup loaded to it. The hard drive got unlocked by accident by a friend of mine, and I reloaded a backup, and locked it. But I think that backup was made AFTER it quit working. I need to reload the working backup I have, I suppose...

And no, it's a Samsung. Not a Phillips