1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG Thanks to this site

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by rjessa, Mar 19, 2005.

1. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

If it were not for the answers I found on this site, I would have an awful problem overcoming all the hurdles. Thanks is not enough to all the contributors.

Thank You........one and all

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Thank you for being a part of our little community here :)

3. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

Please allow me to bump this thread back to the top and add my thanks to all of you that post the terrific "how to" answers here. I originally came here looking for help with my burner (which I recently replaced) and found the cool guides and comments from you guys. Have sucessfully burned 5 DVD's in the past couple of days (probably jinxed myself) without a single coaster. I have used a variety of different proggys such as:

Flight of the Phoenix (Shrink & Nero ROM)
    The Notebook (Shrink & Decrypter)
    Bourne Supremacy (AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 - trial version, but will soon buy)
    Friday Night Lights (Shrink & Nero ROM)

This forum is a MUST READ during my lunch break. Thanks for your time and efforts -- this Junior Member (I've moved up from Newbie) thanks you.

Tom

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  4. Nephilim

We're sure happy to have you here Tom.

Many moons ago I lurked around AD for about three or four months learning everything I could before I finally joined when I spotted a post I knew the answer to. It's kinda snowballed from there :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  5. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

@all members here

i second that............

Afterdawn is a great place to be...........

good day............
    free...............

6. retro78

retro78 Member

I like to add, that i never come across such a hospitible site as Afterdawn !!! (allmost) everyone in helpfull, friendly, and in for a good laugh!

so thanks AD, for this awsome site !!!!!

Hey Neph? where's the afterdawn merchandise, i can't find a t-shirt, cap or sticker anywhere??

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  7. Nephilim

I've a t-shirt cause I'm so shpeshul :p

The t-shirts get dished out for those that write good guides for the site or in my case because I simply wouldn't go away :)

8. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

Ive learnt more about computers, DVD's, mobile phones etc in the couple of months ive been here than i ever learnt at school or college... thankyou, everyone.

Afterdawn is an education, not a site.. (a cheesy quote, i know, but sooo true!)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  9. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

I feel more like I'm going to AfterDawn.com University !!!

I've been here awhile ( as a CONCEPTUAL ARTIST ) and the learning is infinite on this great site !! I never cease being amazed finding interesting posts here. I'd like to thank all the members for providing true learning !! [ and to AfterDawn.com for giving all of us the opportunity to experience the offerings !!! ].

AWESOME WEBSITE TO SAY THE LEAST !!!

4:17 A.M.(eastern standard time) USA

If you'd like to view some of my Conceptual Art PRINTS
    click on this link to SINGLETARY GALLERY
    http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/products/gallery/browse_results.asp?cid=238185424903339438

P.S. I'm known as ZCONCEPT here...with my main thread being:
    " SEEKING ART VIDEO ANIMATIONS (Quicktime only) "
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/189972

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  10. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

All true...

AD is the most helpful site Ive found. I forget how I came across it but until then I couldnt get help anywhere. All other forums were dead but AfterDawn was thriving. Ive been helped on countless ocasions and from all the help Ive been given I saved myself over $500 on things I was going to buy but was helped out and realised I didnt need them to do the thing I wanted, eg. I was going to buy an external DVD drive for my laptop but because of ddp's and solargame's help I didnt need to buy one after all.

And for all the help I wanted to say THANKYOU.

Have a nice day, and may all your questions be answered.

11. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah, like everyone else has said this site is really helpfull and id like to say thanks to everyone who helped me out when im stuck with problems. And id like to thank Nephilim, andmerr, colw, kinza and catfreak for helping me on my way to succesful dvd burning, I couldnt have done it with out your help :)

12. Nephilim

Much appreciated Alien 13. It's helping folks like you that's kept me coming back all this time :)

I remember when I first came to AD I followed every post I could find by Rotary, Oriphus, herbsman and especially baabaa. Those chaps got me off to a stunning start without me having to ask a single question (I'm one of those that hates asking questions).

13. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Hey, no probs, i just wish i could help out people like you do and the other members you listed. :)

14. Nephilim

Don't sell yourself short buddy - every little bit counts :)

15. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah i guess, i can help people out with some things if i do a little researching or if ive had the problem before, like on one of those azureus threads which would be one of my best times i helped people out.
    Here it is,BTW im not trying to brag or nething im just sayin this is my best ive ever done :)
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/188851

16. Nephilim

Nothing wrong with taking a little pride in helping someone - it's a good feeling :)

17. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah, it is hey, especially if you dont help help people as much as you wish you could :)

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yes this is the best site on the net to learn from DVD burning , phones .PCs etc. everyone is very helpfull and kind here.I really enjoy coming here learning and teaching (learning alot more than teaching though), So a big thanks to everyone

19. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah same, i learn more than i teach.

20. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i've had my fair share of laughs and useful info here too~ good to see you are really trying to help out alien13, i hope i steered you in the right direction concerning media, as that department is where i usually am~ :) i've learned a great deal here before i started posting, much like a lot of people here~ i always learn MORE than i teach~ AD is no longer a hobby, but more of an educational tool~ :) thanks AD and all it's members/mods/admins/the boss~ :)