1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyhillb

kyhillb Member

How can one burn a bin file that is over the 700 limit that should be 2 cds. How do you split it or can you do a cue file that will do this? Thanks

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You can't split an image. No CUE will do that. You can split files, cut MPG and AVIs and so on.

But remember: you can burn a 747 MB image on a 74 min CD-R and a 808 MB image on a 80 min CD-R.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

MAN! this one took ages to pick through but got to the end! hey shoey - tried the 2 SHEEP test .BAT file,

I am the proud owner of a 2 SHEEP burner!

PLEXTOR 12/10/32A fw v1.09

samsung dvd/cd combo wont read it though! bad file poo comes up! but the plextor its instant...

Thank you for that...

AND

aldaco12
    cd-rw.org
    shoey

Respect to your patience in dealings with us noobs here, all the best to you guys!!!!!

P.............

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Plexy 12x [bold] not [/bold] a 2 sheep burner m8. I used to own this burner not long ago and traded for a Polaroid BurnMAX48x& little cash.
    I call this burner my "butta cutta" when it comes to backing up the latest Safedisc& SecuROM! See CloneCD supported writers (Plexy 12x) and look at EFM encoding).
    http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_cd/writers/p.html#plextor

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2003
  5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i have done the test with the .BAT file record and paste back...

Oh yes my drive is a 2 sheep my dvd/cd wont read it though has to be from plextor using the disc!

go to cloe and get the test file!

Thx.....

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

cloe should be clone! for cloneCD!

bye..

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

just another thought?

are the sony dru 500 ax 2 sheep burners?

Thank you

P.......

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Backup Safedisc 2.5.1 version and your bakup [bold] WON'T [/bold] play as your Plexy will need emulation.

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

did you know if dru 500 ax is 2 or 3 sheep? but anyway..

this is from cloneCD website copy and pasted!

"Note: This information is provided [bold]without any warranty[/bold] and may not be complete. All names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

If your CD recorder is not listed, simply try to apply CloneCD. MOST CD-RECORDERS WORK WITH CLONECD, EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT LISTED!

If your writer is listed, please check for the required firmware. Information on how to update the firmware of your CD Writer can be found on the website of the respective manufacturer.

This list assumes CloneCD Version 4.x and CCDDriver.dll Version 4.x
    "

my drive...

and firmware is v1.09 which is 5 up from the v1.04 when it came! there is a v1.10 but not put it in yet!

also at the bottom of page it says this?

Buffer-Underrun Technology

2sheep = Drive offers a buffer under run technology like BurnProof or JustLink. This option can be controlled by the user.

1 sheep = Drive offers Seamless Link buffer under run technology. Seamless Link is always enabled and cannot be switched off.

grey sheep = Drive does not offer any buffer under run technology

but any way i did that test and it worked fine but if you say its crap then you know more than i do about this kind of stuff!

all the best........ ;-])

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    When nOObs start debating with me about issues I already know and wan't to claim that they are 'right" sorta ticks me off! I posted a valid link and [bold] told [/bold] you to [bold] look at EFM Encoding [/bold]. If you you looked at the link you can see very [bold] clearly [/bold] the Plexy 12x writes regular bit patterns almost correctly= 1 sheep. 2 sheep burners are drives that write regular bit patterns [bold] correctly [/bold].
    End of this issue, nuff' said, ok?

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there,

yes i agree and in no way do i want to sound nasty in anyway at all, i have read alot of your posts to date and found all very intersted and helpfull! i am just doing that test thing again see if it will do the 3 sheep if it does then the test must be wrong have you tried it at all its just burning now!

what fw did you have in your plexy?

also do you know if the sony dru 500 ax is a 2 sheep burner or 3? i cant see it in the list?

best regards

Paul.......

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there,

Hey shoey just did some more tests!

my burner burnt those test files again and i copy and pasted back to HD and the sheep 1 was great and the sheep 2 was great the 2 tests for sheep 3 both stop and lock half way through

THATS WITHOUT EMULATION !!!

now with alcohol and clonedCD it was excatly the same NO sheep 3 but both sheep 1 and 2 fine!

oh and you may want to browse this link !

it shows PLEXTOR 12/10/32A does copy safedisk v2.8 !!!

http://www.geocities.com/pcp-freak/4cdfreaks/SafeDisc2.html

and after have a read at firmware upgrade forums! excellant site!

http://forum.firmware-flash.com/index.php

also on a side note i got the firmware and in the v1.04 downgrade it says this in the readme! its there on the site!

Use PxUpgrade32.exe to downgrade FirmWare
    -----------------------------------------
    Plextor W1210A Firmware version: 1.04

-=USE AT YOUR OWN RISK=-

Please switch off the DMA setting on the
    PX-W1210A to perform the firmware upgrade.
    Afterwards reactivate this setting again.

NOTE: ONLY SOME PLEXTOR 1210A BURNERS
    WILL MAKE SUCCESFUL SAFEDISC 2 BACK-UPS
    WITH THIS FIRMWARE... BUT HEY WHO KNOWS,
    YOU MIGHT GET LUCKY ;-)

Thnx CD-RW.ORG for this FirmWare.

but as it works with v1.09 i will stay for now but keep just in case?

Thx..........

ALSO DONT USE NEW VERSION FW V1.10 ITS GOT SAFEDISK COPING TAKEN OUT !!!!!!! LEGIT OFF PLEXTOR!

---------------------------------------------
    Your last post concerning this topic!
    Any other mention that a Plexy 12\24 model is a 2 sheep burner and can backup Safedisc 2.5.x wwithout emulation [bold] will be [/bold] REMOVED! You [bold] CAN'T [/bold] change the hardware specs of a cd burner so get that through your head m8.

Shoey

Last edited: Apr 19, 2003
  13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rotary,
    As I stated underneath your previous thread, any mention about the Plexy 12\24x models claiming to be "2 sheep" burners" will be removed! Do a [bold] real [/bold]test and backup Safedisc 2.5.x and try and play the backup in your Plexy and the backup [bold] WON'T [/bold] play! You need emulation such as CloneCD's "hide cd-r" or Alcohol 120% "Ignore media type and Laserlock emulation". Why you fail to believe me is beyond me but now you need to provide real proof. Do [bold] test [/bold] and report back to this very thread. Private message me to send me your image files and I'll post them. I'm being very polite here but also warning you [bold] not [/bold] to post "false evidence" as you give me no other choice as to either edit, or remove such non-sense!

Shoey (A mod that knows) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2003
  14. Green_Ivy

Green_Ivy Guest

Hey there! As you can tell I'm new to all this - and willing to learn! Problem is, ... It's hard to teach this old dog new tricks - So baby steps (please!)

Ok, the point: As I read this thread I get the concept that the .bin and .cue files are what
    make up what's on a cd (tracks and data)(I think! :) ) What I'm confussed about is this: If
    you have a .bin and .cue set of files, do you have to burn them on to a cd before you can use
    the information that's in them? Is there a way to get the data out, without the burning
    process? If so what program do you use to open these files?

Thanks!

Green_Ivy

15. Afghanboy

Afghanboy Guest

Green_Ivy
    Try Alcohol 120% or Daemon. I'm using them and they work. You just have to mount the images(cue files or iso files etc.) on a virtual drive and that's it!

16. Green_Ivy

Green_Ivy Guest

Huh? Did I mention the part about the dog and being on the short bus to doggy school! I have to mount the what on the WHAT? That sounds like a personal problem - OH wait it is - mine! haha (I try to make with the funnys I really do :) )

Thanks for the help, but could you translate that into english, please! (remember your dealing with "Computing for Dummies" here!)

:)

Green_Ivy

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Alcohol 120% or Daemon

these are small software programs that allow you to play backup copies of game!

they create a VIRTUAL CDROM DRIVE as to fool copy protection that is out now!

you load the image to the virtual drive, bin cue whatever and it thinks its a cd!

hope that helps?

thx.....

18. Green_Ivy

Green_Ivy Guest

Ok - that makes a little more sence! Thanks a bunch! And from what I read these programs are easy to use? cool! Thanks again!

Green_Ivy

19. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Daemon Tools is among the best, if not the best dvd\cd-rom emulator especially when playing backups of the latest cd protections like Safedisc 2.9.x& SecuROM 4.8.x.

20. SizzlingD

SizzlingD Guest

I downloaded a file off Kazaa Lite which is an .iso.exe file. I was wondering how to change that to an actual .iso file. It says the file is an application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.