1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fingerboy

fingerboy Member

Could someone tell me what a flt file is? I'm trying to burn a cd with nero, but it doesn't recognize it.

2. fingerboy

fingerboy Member

Thanx for the info. That worked.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LOL flt is an abbreviation of a release group, Fairlight, for which specific discussion, as per forum rules, shall cease.

Dealing with the flt files simple: manually extract using WinRAR and burn as the resulting BIN/CUE as per usual.

4. vd_dave

vd_dave Member

i downloaded lord of the rings film and it is bin file and i have no idea f how to play it. i have tried daemon butwhen i mount it al it says is real on or windows media player but neither will play. plz help

5. Praetor

Hmmm piracy anyone? Oh and try to keep this thread for general questions only.

6. e_bunnell

e_bunnell Member

Question: I've got a back-up that I'd burned and I wanted to test it to make sure it worked. So I saved all the info from the game and uninstalled it then tried to reinstall it using the burnt bin/cue files. It installed fine and everything went well until I hit the play button and it wouldn't load, giving me a disk read error. (Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application) I have no clue why it's doing this and it doesn't even seem that logical to me either. I installed it from this disk, why can't I play it from the disk? So I downloaded a trial version of Alcohol 120% to see if a virtual drive would work, and alas, the same scenario. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

7. Praetor

Installation is almost never a problem but rather, the playback is the issue. What protection scheme was the game guarded with? You will need to deal with that protection in orde to use those discs.

8. kryten3

kryten3 Member

I recently "acquired" a game in bin/cue format. It is protected with SecuROM 4.84.84.

I have no access to the original CDs and trying to create an image with CloneCD and TwinPeak didn't work. Is there any way you can suggest for me to overcome this issue?

Or is it time to dip into my wallet for once?

9. kryten3

kryten3 Member

never mind about prev post.

All I had to do was install the 1.01 patch and it worked perfectly

Lucasarts aren't all that bright sometimes...

thanx NEway

10. Talion

Talion Member

I'm useing easy cd creater to burn The Return of the King. When I try to find the disk image, lotr3c-log.cue, it can't find it. It only looks for .cif or .iso files. Can I convert the .cue file to match the .cif disk image?

11. superpoo

superpoo Member

Hey all...

I am fairly new to this game & need a little help,

My problem is I have downloaded the super xp cd, which is all versions of XP on one cd, it has come as a bin file with a cue.

The bin file is 732 MB big which I though was a problem until I found your thread, I have read all of the posting and if I am correct in saying I can fit that on a 700mb disc

however, as it is a XP installation disc I will need it to be bootable... the reason for this is whenever I put a new operating system on I do full wipe drive, clearing any unwanted crap off my hard drive, starting from scratch

So my questions r.....

1: when I just burn the bin & cue onto cd will the cd automatically become a bootable disc?

2: if not how do I create a bootable disc?

List of burning progs I have:

Alcohol 120%
    Nero 5.5.9.14
    Easy cd creator 5 platinum

3: out of those progs which is the best one to do this job?

Many thanks Chris.

12. Praetor

Talion: The movie ROTK isnt quite out yet is it?
    superpoo: If the image was bootable then the disc is bootable. Alcohol120 followed by Nero.

13. Talion

Talion Member

The Return of the King is out on mIRC. But I still need to know how to convert .cue to .cif. If it's possible. I'm using Roxio easy cd and dvd creater 6. The .bin file size of cd 1 is 790 megs. Is there anyway to make it smaller to fit on a 700 meg disk?

14. Praetor

Talion: If you havnt picked up on my post. YOUR POST IS PIRACY RELATED ISNT IT???? I SUGGEST YOU CHECK OUT THE RULES BEFORE POSTING. This is your last warning.

15. Talion

Talion Member

I'm very sorry.

16. Praetor

Okie no problemo. 790MB is nothing to be worried about though, you can squeeze up toe 840MB onto a 700MB disc depending on the format -- sides if you had to do so much work to get them to fit onto regular discs -- dont you think they would have released files in a different size? ;-)

Give it a try just burning as BIN/CUE. Usually no need to convert around.

17. uglybear

uglybear Member

I recently downloaded a CD image. The contents of the folder were two readmes (both .nfo) an .svf and 50 files with extensions .001 - .050, each 15 megabytes. Reading one of the .nfos I noticed it said to use the .cue to burn. There's no .cue! Is there any way I can create a makeshift .cue for these 50 files or tell it to burn those files onto a disc without a cue?
    Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

18. Praetor

The NFO would have said something along the lines of "Extract and Burn". You will need to extract the 001 file with WinRAR and burn the resulting BIN/CUE file

19. yurec45

yurec45 Member

Hi everyone,
    solve my problem :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2004
  20. doby

doby Member

I have an iso file and when I burned it I got a cd with a cue/bin file and had to burn another cd. How can I avoide having to burn the iso file and only have to burn the cue/bin.

It is a waste to have to burn a cue/bin and I have to do it 8 times...

Looking forward to any and all help.
    Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.