1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingd

Kingd Guest

doby: Use winiso or something like that to view the contents of the ISO or BIN/CUE before burning it to check its contents.

2. cltcam

cltcam Member

Someone please help i recently got a slide card and magic disk 3.0. I have tried many ways to backup my ps2 games using A 120%,nero,cdclone,and dvd decryptor.
    If anyone can give very CLEAR step by step instructions on how to use any of those programs to back up my PS2 games using cdr or dvdr disks please tell me.
    Also include what optinions to fill in on the programs.
    Thanks
    CLTCAM

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

cltcam: Head on down to the PS2 section. They will have a ton more specific information (and im sure guides already exist).

4. Rascalous

Rascalous Member

Hello everybody.

A couple of ambitious/crazy questions:

1). Is it possible to split a DVD-ROM image file, and then put it back together?

2). If it is possible to split, can a DVD-ROM bin 'segment' be burned on a CD-R with a cue? More importantly, would it be able to be read properly?

Yeh, I know...but i'm desperate!

5. rzilka

rzilka Member

I have a Question about bin. and cue. how am i supposed to burn a bin and a cue on alchol 120% it only lets me choose the cue and saysd the bin is l;ike omsething else and wont show up under normal setting for the browser

i havea alchohol 120% 1.4.8

(%)- - --^[ZìLKã]^-- - -(%)

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Rascalous: it depends on what you mean by "split" ... are we talking video, data, what? :)

rzilka: The CUE file points to the BIN so when u burn the CUE, you are actually burning the BIN

7. rzilka

rzilka Member

well that makes much more sense. thanx praetor
    but what is i just burned the bin would the disk still work?

8. cltcam

cltcam Member

What is the best type of DVD and CD when making PS2 software backups? Also what do you do to prevent choppness on the backuped disk? Also whick is better
    -R , +R , -RW , +RW

9. timmay223

timmay223 Member

alright, sorry to ask for help with cuz cuz i'm not sure if its been asked, and i only read 1 page, and didnt feel like the other 15 xD

it all started when i couldnt load the cue in daemon

well, the first problem with my cue is that it doesnt read as a cue... i tried loading it in cdmage to find out the problem but it wouldnt even load. and i dont even know if the other file is bin, iso, etc xD when i try to right click on either file it just locks up =\

i guess i should explain the file. it is a backed up xeongears for the psx (helping me has nothing to do with piracy, so i wont be getting you into trouble xP). disc 2 opens fine, but disc 1 wont. its obvious it was a problem before i even downloaded it. and i was just wondering what to do? other then give up xD

i had a lot more to say, but i'm really tired and cant think of the rest. thanx for any help

10. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

hhmmm , what did you download exactly ?
    Are you getting your terminology mixed up perhaps ??;-)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    FORUM RULES : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2004
  11. timmay223

timmay223 Member

xenogears for psx. got both torrents from www.suprnova.org (hmmm maybe i should remove the link xD). and they were rar'd, so i unzipped them. disc 2 had problems loading the cue in daemon and with my psx emulator. so i tried disc 2, but it worked fine.... yay i can play disc 2 and cant start a game xP and i tried a bunch of stuff and a bunch of searching, but i just dont wanna accept the fact the files are corrupted. ;_;

12. cltcam

cltcam Member

What is the best type of DVD and CD when making PS2 software backups? Also what do you do to prevent choppness on the backuped disk? Also whick is better
    -R , +R , -RW , +RW

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  13. rzilka

rzilka Member

but what is i just burned the bin would the disk still work?

14. Ktnb

Ktnb Member

Hey everyone. I'm having a problem with an SVCD file, and no one else seems to know how to fix it.

I'm trying to use CDMage to extract an mpeg from a .bin file. CDMage says that the .bin file is not corrupted, and when I try to extract the file, everything is fine until it hits 100%. Then, I get an error message that says:

Cannot write to file:
    E:\MOVIE1.MPG

I've got CDMage set so that it'll keep broken files, so the mpg file is on my hard drive. But it won't play in any media player - I've tried Windows Media Player, PowerDVD, and WinDVD, and they all say that there's a problem with the end of the file.

Does anyone know why I'm getting this error message? I've got plenty of space on my hard drive, so I don't think it's that. I suppose I can burn the .bin file to a CD, but I'd like for this to be a last resort, so that I don't have to settle for wasting five or six CDs on one movie.

15. herbsman

Sounds like the 'source' is corrupt...

(try making the image again - lol ...sorry I think I meant to say try downloading the .bin file again)
    If the file doesn't even play , then you gots trouble!

rzilka
    Yes you can burn only the .bin file & have a working disc :)

16. Ktnb

Ktnb Member

I was afraid that would be the only answer. Grrr. Do you think it would work if I just burned the bin file to a CD?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  17. herbsman

I doubt it , but a CD-R here costs me about 15p (£0.15) so I'd say ... why not give it a try !: )

18. G30

G30 Guest

how do i find the name of the bin in notepad

19. Ktnb

Ktnb Member

Well, I don't know what's wrong with CDMage, because I burned the bin file using Nero, and the movie works just fine. :)

20. crazydope

crazydope Member

OK here's my prob. I've read most of this thread but all I see it problems with games. I have a few movies that i've burned to cdr from bin/cue I use cdmate to do that. They always burn fine and I have no problem watching them on my pc. But how do I put them on dvd? When i open the cd to view files there are 4 folders. EXT, MPEG2, SVCD, and SEGMENT. I have put other movies on dvd with TMPGENC and TMPGENC author and Nero but those are from avi and divx. When I open the MPEG2 folder to where the movie is and its called AVSEQ01 I cant do anything with it. Please Help Me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.