1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsubasa10

tsubasa10 Member

hello!
    i downloaded a PS2 in .iso format in Mode1. i want to record to a CD but de ISO needs to be in Mode2... how can i solve this? i tried to record with RecordMax chosing Mode2 CD format but the CD doesn't work on my console... can anyone help me?
    thx in advance

2. CiViL

CiViL Member

Where to start:
    Ok, would this be the correct .cue format for a the .bin name MP2_Install.BIN
    "FILE "MP2_Install.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00 "

Also I did that in notepad, but its save as a .txt file. How would I change it from a txt file to that of a .cue?

Also for burning purposes,just have the .cue in the same folder as the .bin?

Thx for the help, all this comfuses the hell out of me.

Also do I put anything in for the binary.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Just rename the TXT to CUE
    2. Yes they should be in the same folder
    3. U can make your own CUEs in CDMage or I can send a CUE Creator (or u can google it) if u leave me ur email in a PM.

4. Hendrix1

Hendrix1 Guest

hey guys im new, i kno dis is a bit outa topic but i read thru ur stuff and i got the demo version of nero 6. is there a way to get a serial # without purchasing it lik do u guys kno any #'s? cheers you guys got a good set-up here quite help-full.

5. Praetor

Yes there are ways of getting the serial number without purchasing it but that would be piracy and that ... well... would be bad.

6. Epoch04

Epoch04 Member

I have a game on my pc that is a bit too big for a disc. Is there a way to convert it into a cue sheet that will fit on a 700m disc?

7. Praetor

How big is too big? :)

8. Epoch04

Epoch04 Member

Thanks on my previous post, but I figured it out...I used bin2iso to pack many similar named files into an iso archive and knocked over 100m off the final folder size...my next question is, is there a way to pack all game files into a single iso?...

9. motomix

motomix Member

Ok, so should you burn an image with only "Raw data" or Mode 1 form 1 2048?

Which is better? I burned an image with 2048(mode 1 form 1) and it allowed me to open the CD, but when I began installing, an error came up that said "redundant file check" or something similar and I had to close the installation process.

Does this mean the game is corrupted? Or is it that my write speed is set too high and is giving me errors?

You guys probably have already discussed it; BUt I am not for sure.

10. motomix

motomix Member

ok, I thought I would state the image files I am trying to work with.. They are:
    *.ccd & *.img

I burned directly from the *.img file

11. Praetor

BIN files contain a lot of overhead so they tend to be 750MB or so for dataCDs. They also store a lot of usual stuff required to defeat some of the crappier/older copy protections. When you goto ISO, all you are really doing is throwing away the extra information and leaving a file (which is not a good thing to do).

1. Mode1/2048 is for ISO, Mode1/2352 is for BIN (notice the extra info stored with BIN files).
    2. You can rule out burn speed by burning slower
    3. You might have corrupted the image during conversion if you didnt select proper settings etc. With a BIN you can do error checking... you cant do so with ISOs.

CCD/IMG/SUB files are native to CloneCD so use CloneCD to burn them :) (or use A120 etc).

12. bboyc

bboyc Member

ok well i'm new to this but i've read up on the past threads and i get the idea of burning .cue files onto cd. i used the latest version of nero, and i'm trying to burn a .cue file for Adobe Premiere. when i installed the cd after burning it nothing happened. Also when i first unzipped the bin and cue files, a message came up on winRAR saying that the .bin file is corrupt. does this have anything to do with my problem? well it would be helpful if i got some advice. oh and if i just downloaded a bad file, does anyone have an Adobe Premiere pack they can send me? i really need it for this project i have to do. thank you

13. Praetor

There's a no piracy policy here at AD.

14. bboyc

bboyc Member

sorry.

15. motomix

motomix Member

Praetor:

Thank you man! For being direct in your quotes and responsive to each request. I appreciate your time and information. Believe me, I think a hell of alot of people on here owe you a great deal of gratitude, and I want to extend my hand and say "thank you".

Oh, and I did find out how to use the 2335 Bin or the RAW data burn.. Thanks for the tip..
    I just downloaded the Clone Cd and it works perfectly for the game file I was talking about.. Seemed easy once I knew what the hell those files were..

LOL

16. Praetor

Cheers, glad I could help. :)

17. ebeechem

ebeechem Member

When I am ripping DVD withDVD Decrypter I get a good picture, but the sound is not right. it don't line up the the mouth movement, there is about an ten second delay
    can someone help me?

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*teleport needed*

What film are you trying to rip? What are you burning the files with? What media are you using? What make/model burner are you using?

Can't help much if you don't give us much to go on :)

19. ebeechem

ebeechem Member

When I Decry a DVD I get a delay in audio the sound and mouth movement are not together there is about a ten second delay. I am decrying the hunted madson useing neoDVDplus 5. My Burners is Soney DVD +-RW DRX510UL.
    I am using DVD Decryper v3.2.2.0. Please give me some help f you can. THANK.

20. Praetor

ebeechem: i dont know if you noticed but this forum is primarily for CD discussions and if we should ever drift to the realm of DVDs that's because they are DataDVDs rather than movies. Please ask in the DVD sections, knowledgeable people will be glad to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.