1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdinani

mdinani Member

I got a problem with the bin and cue files. i'm usig Daemon Tools. I created a virtual image of the cue file. I installed the game and put the crack in place. But, whenever I try play it, it asks me to insert the correct cd. I don't understand what to do.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Well you should prolly buy the game :) (or consider the forum policies -- or read the nocd nfo)

3. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

my friend recently sent me a home movie but he sent it in the .bin/cue way

when i tried to burn the .cue to a cd i get this message on burnatonce:
    Starting write at speed 24...
    Turning BURN-Proof on
    Executing power calibration...
    Power calibration successful.
    ERROR: Drive does not accept any cue sheet variant -
    ERROR: Writing failed.

does that mean my writer cant burn .cue files?
    is there any other way i can see the movie
    i dont need it on a cd

4. Praetor

Odd but I think it just might be that burnproof doesnt accept all types of CUE files(?) -- odd but possible. Open up the CUE file in notepad ... what does it say?

You might consider using Nero/Alochol120 to burn it :)

5. Kingd

Kingd Guest

"my friend recently sent me a home movie but he sent it in the .bin/cue way"

Glad somebody finally got creative instead of posting what everybody else posts and getting the ol no piracy allowed rules thrown back at em haha ;).

6. Praetor

LOL creativity pays :p

7. Hobbes08

Hobbes08 Member

Ok, I've seen a lot of posts that nero can really fit 750mb on a 700mb cd and what not, but what do I do with a 1.49gb bin file? The cue that came with it is normal and puts it on one cd. Is there a way of editing the cue to fit it on two, and will that still install right? or do I have to compress the bin somehow? and can I even fit the file on two 700 mb cds? as you can see im new to the whole bin/cue scence, please help. Thanks!

8. Praetor

With the exception of some world-class overburning, 750MB isnt possible for a 700MB DataCD. However AudioCDs and (S)VCDs go in excess of that all the time.

You burn it on a DVD.

Probably not and no.

Well you came to the right thread, have a read!

9. np1908

np1908 Member

Help with CUE sheets.

I want to mix & match Audio tracks from different CD sources (eg. PRINCE & AALIYAH mixed). Accordingly I have downloaded ".BIN"s from various sources , but I believe, I need to create a CUE sheet to copy the tracks in the sequence I want to.

Could somebody help me with that. I believe, CUE files can help me do it by associating the "BINs" to tracks.
    FILE "image-name.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    FILE "image-name2.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:04.35

Is that how you do it ? The last line being the time duration of the TRACK01 song ?

10. Praetor

11. np1908

np1908 Member

Thanks abt Cudcreator.

I also have a few BIN files which are of 2048 size (dividing by 2352 results in decimals). I read your READ1st - and it looks as if BIN files are supposed to be of 2352 size ? Anything, I need to do with these ?

12. np1908

np1908 Member

Cuecreator helps to create one CUE file from one BIN file. It does not help, if you have multiple BINs and want to mix & match and create your sequence of an Audio album.

Thanks for helping, though.

13. np1908

np1908 Member

Guess, I should explain better :(-

My wife has tracks of PRINCE & AALIYAH which have been ripped from a CD to BIN files of 2048 size. The original CDs are damaged and forunately, one of her girlfriends has helped to create back-ups as noted above. For ease of storage, they have been stored as MP3 formats (BIN files of 4-5 MBs each appx).

Now, I am given a task to "assemble" them back and in the order of songs she wants! Which is a mix & match of both PRINCE & AALIYAH tracks.

I used both CDMage and Isobuster. I am able to load them thru Isobuster initially and not thru CDMage (does not recognize 2048). I then extracted RAW 2353 AUDIO from Isobuster and now, am able to see it thru CDMage. Now, is that acceptable.. Will that burn to a good CD..

Is there any other way suggested ?

14. Praetor

BIN files are not 2048... ISO's are :) Try renaming them to ISO. A little more detail here: http://www.hazza.dsl.pipex.com/faq.htm#CDs

One BIN = One CUE. As far as I know you cant do that mix and match stuff because BINs are burned as DAO ... you can hack together a new BIN/CUE but you would have to do so from the individual files
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7N8X-X, XP2500+ OC'd to XP3200+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700 OC'd to PC3200
    480GB [3x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
    EVGA, GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  15. wayneknox

wayneknox Member

Can anybody help me please??!! I have downloaded a file which contains no bin or cue, i tried making a cue but i cannot mount it without a bin, in the file i have about 41 similar files all of about 14mb and say 001 file, 002 file, 003 file etc? I am very stuck please help????

16. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Praetor: I really think you should keep a running count for how many times that same question has been asked and answered by you ;).

17. Praetor

Two things:
    (1) Use the search function
    (2) When you buy the thing, you can make your own bin and cues all by yourself without having to deal with nasty 001 files

Gosh I think I'd go on a banning spree if I ever did that.

18. wayneknox

wayneknox Member

Sorry, not sure what u mean by both points?? Please can u elaborate??

19. Praetor

1. I'm not going to bother explaining this.
    2. Read the rules. See #5.

20. geaf

geaf Member

Hi. This thread is
    very informative.
    Funny and at times due to the lack of reading from a lot of people, irritating!
    Ok now I will add to it.
    YES i did read the small comment on this already but no one has elaborated to explain why.
    what I want to know is this:
    Why are .bin files SO HUGE?
    I know that there are cd protections/ error correction in there but, for instance, I have a bin file that is 703mb
    If i mount it into alcohol and right click the files inside they only amount to 2001mb.
    So to investigate further I converted in UltraISO and...
    The ISO file was 201mb, the nrg file was 203mb, and other formats were similiar.

I mounted the ISO and others and all work fine and have the exact same files etc on them.
    why of why should so many people choose to make .Bin when other formats seem smaller??
    I have read already in this thread 'DONT CONVERT IMAGE FILES!' but I have now been converting to ISO for a while now and have had NOT ONE problem. So why not convert?
    And why such a HUGE size difference?
    Thanks for reading :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.