1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnakeUK

SnakeUK Member

Okay, I have the same problem with a .cue file myself, and I was told in one of the threads here that you have to edit the .cue file in Notepad.

I was told; where it says gamename.BIN you have to put the location where the file is located on your computer. This didn't work for me - CDRWIN rejected the .cue file and so did Nero, so maybe you can give it a shot and see if you have any luck.

I'd use CDRWIN for burning bin/cue files instead of Nero, and also DVD Decrypter is great for burning/reading.

2. Tiduas

Tiduas Member

Thanks, i will now test and tell you if it worked for me...if it dosent...i dont know what i am gonna do...just go out and scream until someone fix it...

3. SnakeUK

SnakeUK Member

No problem let's hope they fix it/get help on it as I'd love to get this reality media player to work on my PS2.

Yeah, personally i f*cking hate bin/cue files. I've had a lot of success with .iso and .mdf/.mds and burning them with DVD Decrypter for my PS2 games.

Don't scream too loud, you might mess up your voice heh :p

4. Tiduas

Tiduas Member

Well as all the others 10 CD:s i have burned it wasnt working...*SCREAMING!!*

Yeah let's hope the guys here fix something for us, they seem to know the most of it ^_^

But one thing, when i wrote down the foldes name in the .cue file, i was just writing down the folder, not wich file it was (the .bin), could this be the problem?

If not, they sure will help us :D

5. choicec

choicec Member

I have a .BIN & .CUE, but my CD writing software can't locate the .BIN file? There were directions already given on how to fix this problem (#5). However, I don't quite understand how to follow them. Could you eplain how I can fix this problem in a more step-by-step manner. My operating system is Me.

6. Tiduas

Tiduas Member

Well i have fixed it now...i was just burn it to an regular CD, not "Burn Image"..but now it worked...thanks to all of you...THANKS!!! ^_^

7. AlexJade

AlexJade Guest

I recently got back into burning stuff after taking a few years off when I burned bin/cue, ISO etc DC games. Someone sent me a VCD 2 disc set as 2 sets of bin/cues. Reloaded CDRWin and went to burn them... after burning them I noticed that the files were both around 817 megs each, they burned and a file structure was on the disc but I couldn't boot the VCDs nor even load the movie off the disc. Thought maybe it should be burned on a dvd but nothing I have found will burn bin/cues to DVDs... any suggestions?

8. amobley

amobley Member

Hello, I need to burn a Sega CD game ISO. OK, that's easy, but I also need to burn on the same CD the audio tracks for the game, as a "mixed mode CD". The problem is that I can't find a software that lets me put the ISO as the first track of the compilation, and the audio tracks after it. If I choose to write an ISO, these softwares won't let me put the audio tracks after it. I know I must do it this way. I've tryed a stupid way to do it, open the ISO as a virtual drive, put the ISO files on NERO (selecting Mixed Mode option) and then I put all the audio tracks after it, but (almost obviously) it didn't work. Any ideas?? Thanks alot.

9. elainc33

elainc33 Member

Can anyone please help. I have 4.36 GB movie in iso and dont know how to get it onto a dvd.
    Thanks

10. LimeyFK

LimeyFK Member

Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help here.

I just downloaded Doom 3. For each cd I found a bin and cue file. Each cd's bin and cue file were burned to a cd. This is where I'm stuck. How do I install it? I've looked for an install program but I can't seem to find it. Do I download a cracked version of the game and then use the cd's?

Please help and THANK YOU..

Neil

11. LimeyFK

LimeyFK Member

Hey, disregard my last message. I continued reading a large amount of the forum and it really helped. I definately learned a lot.

Thank you so much..

Neil

12. lilchunsa

lilchunsa Member

im trying to burn iso files onto regular cd (750megs) but the iso files are like 766 or 760megs...so it wont fit...is there a way to reduce the size a bit and then burn it there....or would i need to dvd burn it..?

13. SnakeUK

SnakeUK Member

elainc33,

Use DVD Decrypter then go to "mode" go down to "ISO" and make sure the tick is on "write" then just burn it with the icon that shows the CD and the play symbol, you can't miss it.

Hope this helped.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ObiWanJabroneâ„¢[/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  14. elainc33

elainc33 Member

To Snake Bite. Many thanks for trying to help. I tried dvd decrypter, but it wouldnt accept the files, I then tried Clone DVD, that wouldnt recognise either, then Isobuster, hopeless, was about to give up and thought I would give Nero a try. Well this actually worked but unfortunately the movie kept freezing and skipping. I had done it on a good quality dvd rw which I usually do when experimenting. Was about to delete the iso files and give up when I thought I would try again with Nero on a dvd-r, on a slow as possible speed. Guess what, it was fine. The person who put the file on the movie site had converted the whole movie on with options and everything so very good quality even though it took a few days to download. So alls well that ends well.

15. docsx

docsx Member

If you have an iso , .bin or .img file you dont even
    have to burn it on a CD to make it run. Download a program called undisker or CDmage(id recommend cdmage since its free) and then drop those .bin .img files in their window after you've opened the program.
    Then the files that are inside will automatically appear so all you need to do is run the the game from there. Please tell me if it works if you tried it out.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  16. rodolfor

rodolfor Member

I downloaded i file with the bin files and what not, then i burned them to a cd using Blindwriter 5. Everything seemed to be in order untill i try to play the movie using windows media player, i even have a divx codec installed as well, although when i go to play it the file stays on connecting... and does not play. Any ideas of whats going on? If you could give me a hand it would be great. THX

17. elainc33

elainc33 Member

rodolfor
    I wouldnt bother with Windows Media player, or Divx Player etc. They seem to play when they want with avseq01 files and invariably freeze up my pc. Download Power DVD, if you havent already got it, then all you do is just put the disc in, choose the drive and it will play without having to browse for what kind of file it is. I dont use Blindwriter, but Nero automatically chooses the cue file to burn so presumably you have burned correctly. Personally I dont like vcd or svcd, nor does my KISS standalone divx/dvd player so provided the quality is okay, I convert all my svcd/vcds to dvd now.

18. rodolfor

rodolfor Member

Hi guys, thx for that help. I am bought a dvd, "The Last Samuri" I wanted to make a back up of the dvd, so i used a program called "DVD X Copy" it had worked fine for other movies allthough when i tryed to use it for this movie it did not work. I was wondering if any one has any idea of what went wrong. I think it might be that the DVD has a encryption on it? If anyone knows how i can fix this problem please help me out. THX

19. pioruner

pioruner Member

I have a new sony burner and have been trying to copy a 9G disc to a 4.7 G disc. I have followed all the tutorials by using DVD2SVCD, Spruce Up, and Ifo Editor, which all work. When I play the updated files it will play in ifoeditor, but when I try to burn it with nero using USDf setting and copying the new audio and video files I get an error message that says "Yo have added DVD-Video content to a compilation type that will not result in a DVD-Video compliant Disc" If I do burn it - will play in my computer rom drive but won't play in my DVD player. I have played many backed up DVD's before with no problem and have burned 5G-5G discs before using DVD Dreciptor or ifo editor and nero with no problems however can't get the big ones to resize then work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

20. elainc33

elainc33 Member

rodolfor
    Dont bother with dvd x copy, too temperamental. Use DVD Shrink, which decrypts anyway and then use a good burning program like vso Copytodvd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.