1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The safest thing is to write down a .CUE file. How to do that has been posted on the 'step-by-step burning guide for newbies' :
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20980

Read the full guide. More, if the CD you're trying to burn is protected you'll have some trouble.. read the full 'protected CD' tutorial here
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

2. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Member

I have a (possibly) related question that doesn't seem to have been addressed here. I burned ISOs of a certain game onto 2 CDs, and then ran the installer off the CDs. The game installed fine, but when I try to run it, it asks for the CD, but fails to recognize either of the 2 CDs as the game CD. Could this be related to how the ISO was created/burned, and if so, can I do anything about this?

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

4. valdi

valdi Guest

heyhey, just fell over this site!! NiCe Site:))

sometimes when i shall extract to BIN/CUE files, with CDRWIN. it says somethink about DATA Sectors Error. from this to that...
    what is that????
    and how can i extract it to BIN/CUE???

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

6. SniperAce

SniperAce Member

I have been reading up on bin/cue issue for about half an hour now and im still in the dark.

I have HP2.bin
    so now i make a cue file which should have this written in notepad:

FILE "HP2.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

my first question is should hp2.bin match the name of the bin file like above or be image.bin?

my second question is when i burn the cd, i know it has to be mode 1 and i know i click burn image but when asked for what to burn do i JUST select the cue file or do i select them both, i know they have to be in same dir.

My third and last question is do i have to change any options in nero?

Thanks for all your help this site really roxors!

7. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Three answers:

1) If the .bin file name is HP2.BIN then the correct syntax is

FILE "HP2.BIN" BINARY

therefore matching the name name in the FILE command. The .CUE file, you can call it HP2.CUE to keep things simple (but you can give it any name) must be put in the same directory. If the .CUE is located on a different directory, it will not load the .BIN file, unless you specify the full path, for instance:

FILE "C:\DOCUMENTS\MY IMAGES\PC GAMES\HP2.BIN" BINARY

2) On any software (Nero, CDRWin, Alcohol and so on) you load ONLY the .CUE file, but with the proper command (File--> Burn Image in Nero, Record Disc ---> Load Cuesheet in CDRWin, Image Wizard --> Browse ---> .CUE file in Alcohol).

A full n00b guide is located here

3) On Nero, which loads .CUE only from version 5.5.9 and above, you can change very few options once loaded the .CUE file (the write speed, the write method, that is not much relevant since only TAO and DAO are available, and so on). Please note that [bold]Nero will not be able to burn succesfully any image of protected CDs[/bold] so be careful.

To know more about protected CD, how to detect a protection (on a CD and/or on an image), how to backup a protected CD, read here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  8. Shadowpsc

Shadowpsc Member

Ok, im new to this kinda thing and realy confused, so if someone could take a little bit of time and help me, i would appreciate it very much. Here's my problem:
    1) I have an ISO of the PSX boot disk, i tried to burn it onto a cd (the .iso file, nothing more) and it didnt work.It burned to the CD, but the PSX didnt play it. I also have the .bin/.cue of DragonBallGT for PSX and would like to know how to go about burning those so i could play them (I'm using nero 5.5.9.9.).
    2) Can ps2 play burned games yet? can it play burned psx games? thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  9. spewmanti

spewmanti Member

this msg is for ripper75

i was wondering if you ever got that 007 nightfire 716 920kb working? and if you did how?

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Shadowpsc
    Don't bother burning the PSX2 iso (boot disc). I've yet to come accross any that works. PSX2 can play backups but a "mod chip"(to the best of my knowledge) is required.

Shoey

11. Shadowpsc

Shadowpsc Member

Im not burning it for the ps2, but for the ps1, so i can play import and burned games. could someone plz help me?

12. mr_sketch

mr_sketch Member

hey guys.. i know you get image burning questions like crazy but..

when i try to burn the .cue file through nero, it wont burn at all. i tried setting the .cue file to mode 2, but i cant figure out how to make nero burn it in mode 1 or mode 2.. what should i do?

it says error in line 1... but ive double checked the location of the .bin and its right

Last edited: Mar 28, 2003
  13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Shadowpsc,
    Boot disc [bold]WON'T[/bold] work for PSX1.
    You need a mod chip to play backups.

Shoey

14. kcx

kcx Member

Sounds like you tried to burn a *.cue file and since there isn't any *.bin file to go with the *.cue file, only the *.cue file was burned and nothing more, therefore, the disk will be empty.

As for the ISO, same as above, since the game you downloaded is an ISO, it does not use a cue file, therefore, when the *.cue file was burned, the ISO was not.

15. Shadowpsc

Shadowpsc Member

Um, excuse me, but i have the original boot disk which allows me to play imports AND burned games. but forget i said anything bout that, How do u burn a .iso or .bin/.cue to a cd with Nero (5.5.9.9.)?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2003
  16. Shoey

Shoey Guest

There is no[bold] "original"[/bold] boot disc.
    The boot disc you acquired didn't come from Sony

Shoey

17. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Shoey, maybe he means the 'boot disk' is an original not a copy.

Shadowpsc, there is a full guide to burning here

Any problem related to 'error on line 1' of CUE file can be solved following that guide, too, look 'Special Cases b) - .BIN or .BIN.EXE without .CUE'

Last edited: Mar 30, 2003
  18. AKAALIG

AKAALIG Member

There is such a PS2 boot disc that works, i have it and it works. It was a pain to put onto disc, and had to be done as per the instructions, with the specified programs.

19. NLmarshal

NLmarshal Member

Hi there, i dunno if this was already posted somewhere but , i dont know how to make a .cue for a DVDrip.SVCD . i know how to make one for a PC game , but not for a movie . Can someone help me out ? thanks !

20. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Man, the DVDrip.SVCD does not mean anything. I assume the 'SVCD' is a movie in SVCD standard (MPEG-2, that is .MPG file).

If the extension is .MPG then you need to burn a VCD with Nero.

CUE is only for .BIN files (images).

Read some basics (here and into the VCD forum) please... there are lots of FAQ here and on http://www.afterdawn.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.