1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bin/Cue Problems

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by myomoto, Mar 23, 2003.

1. myomoto

myomoto Guest

I know this looks like a familiar topic, but this is a new question. I am going to make a compilation cd from multiple image files on my hard drives, create an autorun menu to install them, and burn them to a dvd-r.

Using just cue/bin files, how do i get a single cue to run multiple images of 700+MB each?

Secondly, if someone knows a great way to make an autorun menu for a dvd or cd-r please tell me how or provide a link with a how-to on it. Thanks, Myomoto

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You cannot create a multi-disk BIN/CUE as you would do if you had multiple audio tracks.
    BIN/CUE represent a full disk layout and cannot be merged. This format cannot be used for creating a multiple-boot DVD layout.

I would suggest to extract all stuff on the Hard Disk (a different directory for each CD) and then create the autorun menu by hand (I cannot be of help with that, I never tried myself).

Please note that the installing menu will not work if some CD is protected, of course, because the "extract data on HD + burn" procedure it will save only the "data" part, without disk boot and without subchannels, unreadable sectors and other stuff typical of most used protection schemes...

3. myomoto

myomoto Guest

I have further info. I <bold>THINK</bold> it will work, and here is why i think it will.

I think it can work like audio if you do it a different way.

in a cue file, you have the time portion of the cd, which is usually read as 00:00:00. This is readable up to 99:99:99. If gone over, then it is read like this: for 208:55:34 it will be read as 08:55:34. That could throw a damper in track 02 or 03. Use index 01 for all tracks though.

I found this out by reading a sample cue in blindwrite.

This is true for a cd-r, but since blindwrite doesnt do dvd-r's, then i dont know.

Thanks,
    myomoto

4. myomoto

myomoto Guest

well turns out you were right. the daemon tools sees it correctly, but it is an invalid image. Sorry to waste time.

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

No time is wasted, if it helps to enlighten new unanswered topics...