1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bin file help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andyv12, Nov 2, 2004.

1. andyv12

andyv12 Member

i downloaded a movie and extract the bin file and use iso buster to convert it into a mpeg and when i go to play the mpeg it plays fine but when i try and skip in it says bad parameter and closes, then when i use winavi to convert it into dvd it stays on 0% for liek 20mins then crashes does anyone knoe what im doing wronf?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

For transcoding and simplisity, dvd Santa OR NeroVision.

For quality, I like TMPGEnc then TMPGEnc DVD Author then burn to disc -

Cheers,

Pete

3. andyv12

andyv12 Member

i cant even do any of that cos the bin wont convert properly! once its a mpeg file it keeps sayin bad parameter

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

andyv12,

Not knowing exactly what you have I can only surmise that you've gotten a bum download which happens enough. I suggest that you download another copy perhaps download the next one in a VCD format so that it'll be easier to work with -

Cheers,

Pete

BTW andyv12, since you seem to have so much trouble spelling, you might want to consider using "Spell check" prior to posting. For those of us who are trying to help you, it much easier if we don't have to spend time endeavoring to divine your meaning. Reading many posts each day, it becomes tiring and we're apt to bypass your post if it's meaning isn't immediately clear.
    Thanks; I knew you'd understand -

Pete

5. andyv12

andyv12 Member

ok sorry was in a rush as i ahd to be at work in 10mins lol, plus im form uk so i talk in slang! thansks for ya help and it worked i got a vcd

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You'll find that a lot friendlier to work with -

Cheers,

Pete

7. andyv12

andyv12 Member

its just hapen again grrrrrrrrr spend god knows how many hours and it saying thats stupid bad parameter crap how is it that soooo many people have posted comments say great download and mine does not work??

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey Andy,

How much free space do you have on your HD ?

9. andyv12

andyv12 Member

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

80 GB Free ? WOW !

I have 520 GB of HD and only have about 50 free - I have entirely too much Crap on my PC (Lol)

I've tried dvd Santa and had good luck with that :D)

Give that a shot -

http://www.dvdsanta.com/features.htm

Keep me posted as to how you're doing, OK ? ?

Cheers,

Pete

11. andyv12

andyv12 Member

funny thing happend i took the mpeg that wouldnt worked dumped it into dvd lab burnt it on disc and bam! plays fine! dunno how but they all seem to work, so i wont complain lol

thanks for ya help anyway pete

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Outstanding !

When you have time, play with DVDLab and checkout all the super cool menus they have there - it's a great proggy -

Give that dvd Santa a "go" also -

It's almost a handicap, all the proggys we have available, there's soo many you don't know just where to start. Great, Huh ?

BTW, I'm so delighted that you've gotten everything working well -

I wanted to remind you that you've made a few friends here so we expect to see more of you, iffin you've got the time - Feel free to join us helping others, as you've seen, we try to have fun doing it :D) I thought I'd let you know, we have other forums also - Check'em out :) There's no telling, you might find one that's of interest to you. When in doubt, checkout the "Safety Valve", it's an almost anything goes Forum (keeping in fair to good taste of course). We shoot the breeze about most anything that's on your mind, Events of the day, Movies someone's seen and is looking for comments (they don't always get what they're expecting (Lol), jokes of the day - there's no telling what's there, it can get pretty wild - Guess you'll have to check into it yourselves, "Heck, you might even run into me there ;P)

I'll lQQk forward to seeing you around, and you better remember to say "Hi" -

Till then,

Sea Ya -

Pete :>)

13. andyv12

andyv12 Member

thanks man means alot tome and ywah i will post more and try to help other people out lol im sure i will have other propblems

andy

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Andy, Just one small favor -

When posting, try to use Standard English. Not only are the pple you're chatting with reading this but many, many others are quietly reading your posts and many can't understand txt messaging.

Thanks Guy, I knew you'd understand :)

Chat with Ya later :D)

Pete