1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.bin to dvd format

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by tiny123, Jul 20, 2004.

1. tiny123

tiny123 Member

hi

ok i want to play my vcd on my dvd player but it is in a .bin file and when i try to write it to a dvd+r it says incompatible cd type and wants me to use a normal 700mb cd which would be ok if it wasnt for that the file is 1.3gb

ok this is what i want to do if its possible...

when i looked at an orignal DVD it had 2 folders a video folder and a audio foler ...

can some 1 tell me how to make a .bin file into that style of format

i did try isobuster to split the file up but it gave me 4 folders mpeg2 segment svcd and a ext and then i tried to write it to the video folder on a dvd+r but no such luck

hope there is enough info there and would appreciate any info on this matter please

2. IAIHMB

IAIHMB Member

First off, is you DVD player SVCD or VCD compatible?

3. tiny123

tiny123 Member

i got svcd and vcd as 1 can play the .bin file when i copy the .cue file to the cd but the other dvd player carnt it says unknown format and i thought it was because when u open a dvd it have video and audio files seperate and when u do a vcd it is split into different format

4. IAIHMB

IAIHMB Member

No, chances are your DVD player does not play SVCD/VCD, you might want to look in to that first.

5. djxedxd

djxedxd Guest

my question is relativly the same but i want to take a bin and cue file that is cd-w format and put it to dvd-r i have all the crap to do it but the guides ive found are very vayge and dont explain it correctly what i want to do is take 2 bin and cue files and put them together on one dvd-r so i dont have to deal with two cds or be able to squish a bunch of bin and cues on one dvd-r and save even more room

thanx in advance ED-D

6. IAIHMB

IAIHMB Member

You can do this pretty easily, two tools I suggest are SVCD2DVDMPG and DVD-lab.

In SVCD2DVDMPG:

-Select SVCD or VCD, whichever format your BIN files are in.

-Select the directory in which your BIN files are located.

-Start the process, in about 10 minutes things will be done.

From here on DVD-lab is a pretty straight forward program, good luck. :)

7. djxedxd

djxedxd Guest

thank you finally a straight forward answer this helps loads cudos my friend

thanx ED-D