1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bios and dashboard help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jxc241, Jan 13, 2004.

1. jxc241

jxc241 Member

I need to know if I should update my bios and dashboard and exactly how hard it is. This is my setup, chameleon chip, evox 1.8.3285, 160 gb hard drive and I am not sure what bios I have because it doesn't list one on the dashboard or when I go into Boischecker. It shows 2 unknowns under 512, and 4 under 256. I got the xbox for christmas and have put 4 games on it and put dvd2xbox on it. So I have the xbox hooked up to my computer already so I can ftp into it. So if anyone could please help me and please give me detailed instructions as I am not familiar with setting up Bioses. My main use for the xbox will be to copy games and maybe the odd dvd.

2. XxHaXx

XxHaXx Guest

If everything works, why flash? Flashing isn't that hard, you just have to know what your doing. I'm not familar with that chip, so I'm not sure how many banks you have, or what memory is enabled. You would need to find this out first, then you must make an ISO of the BIOS. You will need cromwell flash, is that on either of your banks?