1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bios check

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by **Aaron**, Mar 11, 2004.

1. **Aaron**

**Aaron** Regular member

hi i im woundering if theres software out there to make sher u dont flash ur mod bad is there? i thout bios checker was one but someone said it jest tells u the bios i have a exicuter 2.3 pro
    can u give me a link were to download or the name and a link for the guide

2. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

what bios are you trying to flash?

3. **Aaron**

**Aaron** Regular member

im tryin to flash the exicuter 2.3 pro
    i got some illegal bioses but dont want to tern my mod into shit

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yeah i know but what bios are you trying to flash i know they are illegal i'm trying to help you. so which ones are they (xecuter 4981 or Evox M7) these are the newest.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"i'm Rick James Bitch!"[/small]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  5. **Aaron**

**Aaron** Regular member

i have both of those i want ot flash my biose more then once i dont want to come back here every time im installing a new bios is there a program that scans the bios new or old but anyways i want to scan both of what u said i have
    EvoxM7
    Xecuter2 4979.06
    xecuter2.4981
    cromwell-2.29
    im planning on trying more
    is there a general bios scanner

6. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

you really don't need to do all that. just flash the latest xecuter bios because then whenever newer bios come out you'll have to go through the hassle of replacing all those bios. oh yeah don't flash with cromwell because its already on your chip. you just need to flash with the xecuter 4981. when you unrar the pack it'll have two files. one is xecuter 4981.06 and the other is 4981.67 you can use either one, but i used the 4981.06.

heres the instructions on how to flash the disk and you wont have any problems.

======================
    How to use FlashBIOS
    ======================

Step 1 - Creating the Bios CD

- Get the bios you need from EFNET #xbins (we recommend X2 4981.06). Make it 512k with X2 Bios Manager naming the file BIOS.BIN (case sensitive)

- Select a CDRW or DVDR media compatible with your XBox's DVD-Rom.
    (Most CDRW will work and most DVD-R will work. If you have a Samsung Drive then some CD-R will work)

- Burn the BIOS.BIN file onto a CD using NERO - (select the following settings, No Multisession, ISO Level 1, Format Mode 1, ISO 9660,
    Deselect Joliet, Finalize CD, Disc-At-Once)

- You should add a dummy file to the CD (anything between 100MB and 500MB will do) to ensure it is read properly by the XBOX.

Step 2 - Flashing with FlashBIOS (Cromwell)

- Turn your XBox console ON, when the DVD-Rom tray ejects please insert your BIOS.BIN CD and close the tray.

- When the flashing procedure is complete the Xbox will shut down.

- If your modchip is write protected or the programming fails you will be informed by error messages on screen (It will say Unknown Flash! Halting)

P.S. if you have problems with X2 bios manager use the latest XBTOOL.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"i'm Rick James Bitch!"[/small]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2004