1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bios checksum error and award flash utility

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by masdivina, Aug 15, 2004.

1. masdivina

masdivina Member

Hello, I have a bios checksum error,

Award bootblock bios v1.0
    Bios rom checksum error
    Detecting floppy drive A media
    insert system disk and press enter.
    and when pc start with push the DEL I cannot go to bios setup

The same that it's explained in this old thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/82485, I have followed the instructions that were suggested, made the boot disk, downloaded bin file....

[​IMG]

when the award utily starts writing, the first line is red,fail write, and the second one white, correct written. What does it mean? Can I recover my bios? I will apreciate your help. Thanks very much,

2. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

What motherboard do you have ?

Did you download the correct BIOS update from your motherboards manufacturers site ?

Regards
    CoZZa

3. masdivina

masdivina Member

Hi Cozza,

I don't know if I downloaded the correct version any more. I have a P6VAP-A+ motherboard, I went to the manufactyrers site,http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/p6vap_a.html, and tried with version 13a and 13b, because when the computer booted it said something about P6VAP-A+ v12cF bios.

I tried again with the version 1.3b and after many writing failings the computer rebooted gave the same message error, except this time it said, disk boot failure too, insert disk system and press enter, when I entered the diskboot again, the puter asked to type the name of the Command Interpreter(e.g., C\windows\command.com). I have no idea which is the command I have to type....Well, I think that's all.

Thanks for your help cozza.

4. masdivina

masdivina Member

Oops, discovered my motherboard had a jumper to enable bios writing protection, disabled it an now got a message of unknown flash type. I don't know what to do. What's your advice?