1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bios Flashing problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by vernonm79, Jan 11, 2005.

1. vernonm79

vernonm79 Guest

I have a v1.0 box. I cleand out the soder that was in the LPC ports, so that I could install the x2.6 I got it all installed fine. I turnd on my box and it booted to the flash bios screen. I chose HTTP flash. I uploaded the x2_4983.06 onto bank 1 of the chip. It said the it was flashing it went through all of the normal stuff. My box shut off when it was done and everything. When I turned it back on it went back to the flash bios screen (not the config live screen like I think that it should have) I started over and it did the same thing again. I then tried to load the x2_4983.67 onto the bank 2 of the chip and it did the same thing. I was told that I could use an x3 bios on the chip, so I loaded the x3_1957 onto bank 1 and now my box frags on both bank 1 and 2. comes on, shuts off, comes on, shuts off, comes on stays on and the light flashes red and anothe color. PLEASE HELP

2. paymenow

paymenow Guest

in both banks 1 and 2?
    if not reflash with the x2 bios
    it should work in bank 1

3. vernonm79

vernonm79 Guest

I can't ge my box to stay on. Every time I turn it on it turns back off. it does that 3 times then the light blinks around the eject button. this happens in both bank 1 and bank 2 I think that is because i tried to flash the bios using the 3x bios. I even tried to hold down both (eject and power) buttons to boot to the back up (if the x2 has one) and it still did not work.

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

if you can get a hold of another modchip, you could do a hotswap, ie boot with the new chip, have a bios on your hdd you want, then put in the old chip and reflash it.
    Failing that get a programmer

5. Lampei

Lampei Member

I'm having the exact same problems. I have a v1.0 xbox, xecuter 2.6 with xapter, using x2_4983.67 bios. Flashed the chip with the bios (showed yellow bar, then green, then shut down). I then booted up the xbox again and was taken back to the flashbios screen. It's getting a bit frustrating now as I cannot find an answer as to why it won't boot to the config live screen :(

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005