1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bios for big hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pleashelp, Dec 14, 2004.

1. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

I have a 1.0 xbox with xecuter 2.6 lite with avalauch and x2 4983 bios and im thinking about getting a bigger hdd. I've heard that for a certain size hdd you need different bios that support that big can somebody tell me the hdd size limit on these bios or what bios i could get if I get something bigger??
    I'm thinking 160 gig or bigger

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

since you're using Xecuter already,check your bios version in your dashboard if you can. You said it's the 4983....well it's the two numbers after the decimal that count. If the number is 4983.06 then you have a bios that supports the partition 6 (f drive...limit of 137 gig)....if your bios is 4983.67 then it supports both partitions (6 and 7) and is good for hard drive larger than 137gig.

If you have the .06 bios you will just have to reflash your bios to a .67.

3. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

ok thanks i have the .67 if I buy anew unlocked xbox hdd what do i have to do to install it can I just put it in and it work??

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

.67 should allow for the large support
    but you can also patch it yourself using xbtools
    If its not an xbox hdd, or come OFF an xbox (ie been setup on one) you need to format it, and install a dashboard such as evox, and also its best to install a MS dashboard too and possibly apps (if you want them) such as dvd2xbox, pxhddloader etc
    using an auto installer for this is the easiest way
    if it came FROM an xbox and has been unlocked, then it all depends what bios on the xbox it was set up on, was used to set it up. It may all read just fine, but in some cases you may not see any apps appearing in the menu

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004