1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bios or MS Dash

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by knight00, Dec 15, 2004.

1. knight00

knight00 Member

I believe I need to replace the original TSOP in my xbox. It will not enable the MS Dash to run. When I try to run it, it comes on for a second and then goes to black. I also get an error message saying "your xbox needs to be serviced. I am able to run the EvoX dash and it functions fine. The problem with not having the original MS Dash is when I try backup my games I am not able to play them from the hard drive. Even if I use EvoX, I am still not able to play them. I do have one game that I was able to backup and play before I zapped my original bios. Is my pattern of thinking correct? If so, please help. If not, please help. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

try formatting your xbox hdd and cleaning the cache
    , re install evox, and your game installer etc, and the MS dash, set the clock, try play them from evox again

3. knight00

knight00 Member

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try and let you know the results. Again thanks!!!

4. davepyne

davepyne Member

locking your hard drive with a program such as "config magic" may solve your problem of not being able to boot with the original MS dash. I also recommend reinstalling the MS dash, and evox as djboogie said.

5. knight00

knight00 Member

While following the Xeniem Ice install directions, I installed Evox and it wrote over my original ms dash. Please PM me at michaelcknight@sbcglobal.net. Thanks!!!

6. davepyne

davepyne Member

Are you sure? evox install usually copies "evoxdash.xbe" to the C drive. It may overwrite your old MS dash "xboxdash.xbe" with a newer or older version, but that's not a problem, because its essentially the same thing. ftp your xbox, or Boxplorer it and see if both those .xbe's are there. btw did you already reinstall evox, and set the clock?

7. knight00

knight00 Member

I have installed Evox however, I did not set the clock in EvoX. I did not know it was necessary in ExoX. How is it done? Thank you very much for your replys. I really appreciate you, again thanks!!!

8. davepyne

davepyne Member

sorry, I didn't mean to set the clock in evox. I meant to set the clock from MS dash, but nevermind. Check your e-mail :)