1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bios Question

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Magil, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Magil

Magil Member

After you flash the bios and it automaticlly shuts it self back off, when you restart it with the dashboard boot disk should the screen then show you the bios you installed? cause mine gives me the orginal cromwell screen yet it looked like it flashed real well. To Elaberate I got an Executer 2.3 Pro and i'm trying to install the EvoX D Bios and the version 1.8 dashboard.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
  2. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

If you have crmowell on screen you need to get oz flasher, Cromwell is the leagl bios but it will not let you flash evox or any other bios. Flashing it with oz will. After you flash with oz I would flash it with X2 4979 or X2 4980.

3. Magil

Magil Member

Thank you, just for future referance after I flash my bios do I need to mess with my 4 dip switches in front? I can't really find anywhere that talks about those. . .

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
  4. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

What are your switches? I would have enable unprotected and bank 1 but I have 2.3 lite.

5. Magil

Magil Member

I'm not exactly sure on the switches. But I created an Oz Flasher cd in UDF format like their website says. But it doesn't respond to my xbox at all. It just keeps asking for a bios disc. Does that disc need a Dummyfile also. Or does it not need to be in UDF format? I'm kinda stumped at this point.

6. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

I will find the url I used to make the dics. I amat work and don't here

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

To flash the chip you need all dips off, Then when your done flashing turn dip 4 back on

Matt

8. Magil

Magil Member

It won't even flash it with all the dips off. Dip 4 needs to be on for it to do anything. My real question is still with the oz flasher. I can't get that running right so my flash doesn't stay on it goes back to cromwell once I reboot.

9. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

To flash they all must be off.. To use the XBOX after you have flashed dip 4 must be on.

Matt

10. Magil

Magil Member

Alright i've been staring at this thing for like 4 hours now so i'm going to bed. My problem was that I was using the wrong size bios. Fixed that, and it seems to "update flash" prefect. It shuts off and everything. But then if I turn off the mod, take out the cd, then reboot the xbox with the mod on. It says "Cromwell 2. something or other dev" back at the top of the front screen. So what's going on? Did I flash it right or not? I tried to go on to a dashboard but of course it won't read the cd. So if anyone has any input I'm taking all suggestions. Another thing is about that Oz Flasher. Well I made that cd like in a tutorial I read, and it didn't do shit. It just sat in the drive minding it's own business. Question about that is do you need a dummyfile for that cd also? it never mentioned one cause it said burn it in UDF format not ISO. So like I said, I need some help. AIM name is Magilacuti12 if anyone wants to get ahold of me tommarow. Thank You

11. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member