1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bios settings

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pomp3y, Jun 25, 2012.

1. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

even though this isn't pc but more laptop it's been really bugging me now i've built loads of pc's in my life time and now i've been given a HP Pavilion G6-1154sa

which has an i3 processor 3gig ram 320gig-Hard drive and 1278MB Graphics which is intel HD.

everything works sweet apart from when i want to play newish games there is a massive stutter and lag in them all even if i turn them to the very lowest setting now i've pinned it down to the dedicated video ram which seems stuck at 64MB and considering i have 1278MB doesn't make sense to me so i looked in the bios and to my horror there's no advanced menu ???

now considering the spec of this i thought it would be great for gaming and i can't believe how much cash i've done o n games i can't even play.

anway is there anyway around this like a bios mod or something the only reason i ask is because i've never came across a problem like this before and it's quite frustrating my bios is a insydeH2O

Thanks peeps

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

stutter is not so much with the video ram but with the video processor which is the intel hd, they are not great for games. run dxdiag if you haven't already.

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Most of the computers I've seen with Intel graphics wouldn't play a lot of games.You usually have to get a separate graphics card to play any of the better games.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  4. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

yeah i know there not great but with the right tweaks to unlock the hidden advanced menu in bios will be able to improve that.

fair enough i'm probably now where close to unlocking it or even making it work but i'm managed to back up my bois, upgrade and downgrade it with no problems, plus i've got a hidden bios restore system built in to my laptop encase it bricks and yes it dose work as i bricked it to test it out.

risky move i know but i was prepared and made sure the method would work before i bricked my lappy.

now comes the hard work and i will report on any tests and progress that is made

5. aldan

aldan Active member

i hope it works out for you.personally i think your gonna be disappointed with the result.your onboard video just hasnt got the juice for gaming.

6. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

It's worth a try though IMO

All i need/want to do is change the dedicated video ram from 64MB to say 256MB or more or less.

Still might not work but i personally think it's worth trying

7. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

well i give up made a little progress just to be shot in the foot so to speak.

it's a really shame that i have all these high end specs and can't use them because HP has limited the BIOS even Intel say i can run Blacklight Retribution Game with my graphics and processor.

it started off well then just flopped after about 5 minutes or so.

Maybe the best way to go is look for an external graphics cards or even better get a gaming laptop or even better than that build my-self a high end PC at least that way i know what's going in to my machine and what i can/can't do with it right away.

Thanks for your support guys really appreciated it :)