1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitcomet and Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by nikkies1, Feb 23, 2007.

1. nikkies1

nikkies1 Guest

I have started downloading movies using Bitcomet... and here is my problem. I got one movie that is 812MB in size, that is in VCD format. The sticky part is that the CDR discs are 700MB. I downloaded Alcohol 120%, thinking this would help, but that only made it possibe to watch the movie on the computer (as it is a .bin file) I can't figure out how to compress or shrink the file to fit onto the disc. It will not let me copy on to a DVD disc.. so unless I can convert the file from VCD to DVD, I can't get this movie off my hard-drive.
    Any help at all will be appreciated!!

2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  3. nikkies1

nikkies1 Guest

ok... not to be a whinger or anything, but what the? I opened that link and got extremely confused almost instantly!! Do you know of any 'Idiot's guide to making VCDs etc.."? Cause the first part of the title is extremely apt!! tanks..

4. OneMember

OneMember Active member

This is short version of: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/vcd2divx.htm

1. Mount that VCD with Alcohol and you will see that there is one big .DAT file.
    Copy it to some new folder.
    2. Open VCDGear and select dat -> mpeg from the Extraction / Conversion dropdown list.
    3. Then load that .dat file and select output name and press Start.

4. Open VirtualDub and press Control-O and select the .mpg file you just created.
    5. Set full processing mode to video (Video -> Full processing mode) and then press Control-F.
    6. Now it is good idea to look that guide to see next settings.
    (I can not explain them any shorter)

7. After done, you can burn that .avi to cd/dvd

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007