1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitrate Settings - TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by iggychick, Apr 13, 2004.

1. iggychick

iggychick Member

Hi. Im new this forum, I'm using the guide for Xvid to DVD but am stuck on a bit.

Its the bitrate settings part. I can't get my file size down to 97%, the lowest I can to is 110%!! Can someone help and tell me what I'm doing wrong! I've followed the guide exactly but I'm totally stuck at this part.

I'd be grateful for any help! Cheers.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

How long is the movie?

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

yeah, how long.

if its short and tmpgenc gave an unreasonably large size, means you got a variable bitrate audio. solution, demux and transcode (reencode to another compress format)

if not try cutting the credits. :p

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

if tmpge is over estimating the file size, goto source range and set ur starting frame and then set ur ending frame, then tmpge will encode exactly what you want without those extra minutes which tmpge adds to the end of files sometimes

cheerz

5. X_BuRn3r

X_BuRn3r Member

Hi there...
    Thats simple...
    Close the wizard in TMPGEnc and click the "options" then "Eniromental Settings" on the menu.
    Next click the"VFAPI Plug-in" tab at the top and right click on the "DirectShow Multimedia File Reader" plug-in and click "Higher Priority"...do this until the priority is set to 2.
    now close TMPGEnc and try again with the wizard...this should solve it. ;)