1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bitTorrent files rar conversion to iso

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by jrbilly, Nov 17, 2004.

1. jrbilly

jrbilly Member

Hello I have a new XBox with modd hard drive and Evo X all working well. downloaded a BitTorrent game and the files end in rar. How can I convert the files to iso. I am using Qwix and Nero 6 backing up files to dvd-r no good. Does anyone no of a good guide? or can help with the conversion. I think I have my settings wrong. Thanks in advance.

2. FullySik

FullySik Guest

first u have to extract it with winrar and then make the folder an iso with quix then use nero to burn u must click on burn image and select the iso. use a dvd-r

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

yuppers this is true:)
    personally I prefer "powerarchiver" to winrar, as it can do all sorts of zipped or packed files

4. jrbilly

jrbilly Member

Thanks FullySik and djboogie

I'm in business now. I was not extracting the rar. files

5. Br0die

Br0die Member

This message seems to have been crossed posted so I'll "Cross-reply" [with a slightly different response to keep in the spirit of things]

When you extract it - it sounds like you're getting a directory structure which can then be used by Quix to make an iso... I didn't .. I got an xiso (I think).

Is this ready to burn or do I still have to use Quix?

Thanks,

Brodie

6. FullySik

FullySik Guest

if it is an iso then yes its ready to burn (as an image) it doesn't have to be quix, thats just an iso program that i like using u can use any iso program

7. Br0die

Br0die Member

Thanks FullySik,

I've managed to solve my problem. Look for a fairly new thread called ISO - conversion needed (or something like that) from the main page.

Thanks again

Brodie

8. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

how do i change a BIN file, to a ISO file?

9. Br0die

Br0die Member

Wiser men will correct me - but ISOs can simply be made up as .CUE files and .BIN files.

I don't think you need to convert it.
    I would guess that you should convert it to an Xbox ISO first though. (Also not 100% required but definitely 100% recommended)

I don't know exactly what you have but try this:

Find some way to extract the bin into a viable directory structure. Then use Quix (or SimpleX or any number of xISO making tools) and make a valid xISO from that folder structure.

Then again I've never come across an Xbox game in the BIN format. I'm not saying it's impossible but your goal should be to get an extracted Xbox game on your PC hard drive. As long as that's valid you can jump in to the step by step process and focus on creating a valid Xbox ISO.

Hope this helps

Brodie

10. Krampen

Krampen Member

I'm pretty new at this...

I got a NHL 2004.iso file on my computer, (it's my friends old computer) and i wondered if i could transfer it directly to my xbox, using FTP??

Can I always use a "iso" file for my xbox?

11. Krampen

Krampen Member

Do i have to burn an image to get the thing workin ?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  12. lemaroc

lemaroc Guest

hey, back to the first enquiry about using winrar to extract the rar files from the torrent to a folder...i tried this and when i extract them to the destination folder the size is way to big for my computer when all the files are extracted. There are about 81 rar files and each one comes to about 3.8 gigs when they are extracted. Could somebody please help me burn these rar files to disk?

13. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You have to extract the iso into file form to play off the hard drive.
    You keep as an iso if your going to burn to disc.