1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittorrent Help!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bmxer4lyf, Dec 19, 2004.

1. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

Hey guys, I reccently downloaded Manhunt for PC in a torrent format, and when it finished it separtated into three different files. My question is, how do I play this game?? I know you have to put the files into a different format or somthing using WinRar but I cant seem to get it right. I have tried looking on the net(google) but couldnt find clear info on how to get the files to play. Could some one please help me out?

2. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey

What are the three files you have for the game?

3. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

well they are 3 diff. folders containing lots of files

4. Ralph777

Ralph777 Member

are the folders labeled cd1 cd2 cd3?
    no doubt the files inside are rar files, find and download winrar and install it
    then goto one of the folders open one of the files with winrar
    winrar will open and show you some files(either an .iso file or a .bin and .cue file)
    drag these files into the folder to extract them from the archive. you should get a progress bar

when its done use your cd burning software(nero etc) to burn the image to disc.

do this with all 3 folders

hope that helps a bit

5. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

yes you are right, they are labled cd1, cd2, cd3.
    and i have winrar already but when i open, say for example, cd1, almost all the files say: rzr-man1...
    is that alrite? should they all be labled the same? and they are all 14.3MB.
    and so i would have to manually go through every file and extract one-by-one? or could i just select all then extract?

6. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

also, would i have to burn it to disc to play? or could i just play from the computer?

7. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ralph...or anyone...if you leave your email address i can send u a screen shot of what i have here and what the problems are

8. heybilly

heybilly Regular member

Sounds like each cd folder now has its own set of rar'r to decompress... try opening one of the files in winrar and extracting the files inside.

9. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

you have to go into each CD's folder and extract one of the rar files. Just select the first one listed that should be over 6000KB, winRAR it to a directory you want it to go to. And whatever you get from those should be able to be burned onto CDs. Just repeat the process for the other 2 disc folders.

10. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

o alrite. so i geuss i WILL have to put the game onto a disc? and if so, what format? CD-R? and would it be a data?

11. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ok. so i have the three files extracted to a folder. im using CHEETAH CD BURNER...is that alrite? or should i use alcohol 120%? n e wayz, what kind of disc would i be burning? Data, ISO..ect. Because when i try data, with Cheetah, only one file can fit on the entire CD. So any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, im using MEMOREX CD-Rs, 700MB, 80Minute...and I just realized...Im probably gunna need DVD-R's wont I...

12. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

No, the game comes on 3 CDs to begin with if there is 3 different folders titled "Cd 1", "CD 2" and "Cd 3". So you'll have to put each file onto one CD-R, then load the first one, then when it asks for the next one you insert the next. Just like you would with an original game.

13. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ok, great thanks alot
    so they would be on CD-Rs then?

14. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ok, great thanks alot
    so they would be on CD-Rs then?

15. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

so which format would i do them under...Burn ISO, Data, ect.?

16. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Yes, you should burn them on 3 cd's, but depending on what format the file(s) are in will relate to how you burn them. For example, if the file(s) is a .iso, then you should burn them using the iso format, however, if they are a bunch of files not in .iso, then you should burn them using the data approach. Then follow through with the other 2 cds.

p.s: if you have any concerns just msg back, i will be glad to assist you.

17. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

Yes you burn them as an ISO disc on CD-Rs, use Alcohol 120% for the easiest way.

18. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ok, now there are 6 files in a folder (they have been extracted) 3 are in .BIN format, and 3 are in .CUE format. How do i get these into ISO format, so I can then burn them as a ISO file?

19. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

I think if it is a .bin file with a .cue file you can burn that onto a cd in iso format. Not really sure, been along since i messed around with those files, but you could try and see if it works.

p.s: i wouldnt bet on my words that i could work, but in the end, if it doesnt work you could learn off of your mistakes...or mine :p.

20. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

I think if it is a .bin file with a .cue file you can burn that onto a cd in iso format. Not really sure, been along since i messed around with those files, but you could try and see if it works.

p.s: try and see if you could open up the .bin files with the burning program your using.

p.p.s: i wouldnt bet on my words that i could work, but in the end, if it doesnt work you could learn off of your mistakes...or mine :p.