1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittorrent Help!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bmxer4lyf, Dec 19, 2004.

1. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

I think if it is a .bin file with a .cue file you can burn that onto a cd in iso format. Not really sure, been along since i messed around with those files, but you could try and see if it works.

p.s: try and see if you could open up the .bin files with the burning program your using with the iso mode. If not then its probobally not an iso format.

p.p.s: i wouldnt bet on my words that i could work, but in the end, if it doesnt work you could learn off of your mistakes...or mine :p.

2. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ok now this is really messed...my program I am using to burn discs is not detecting a CD drive...any idea why?

3. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

also, when i try to burn the first cd (CD1) its exeeds the maximum capacity...and these discs are 700MB.

4. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Hmmm...thats a douzy....i had problems that a couple of times. Try restarting your computer with cd-r inside the burner.

5. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ok, thanks i got the cd drive working, now just a case of the file being too large to fit on the CD-R... i dont know what to do...

6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

It should fit onto the cd-r, don't know why it wont fit, are you sure you extracted every extractable file?

7. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

yes, everything is extracted fine, just doesnt fit...and it only doesnt fit by a little

8. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

i could send u the files by email if u wanted to check them out for urself, but its up to you

9. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

Ok, I geuss just forget about Manhunt... but I downloaded Battlefield 1942, and extracted fine--at least I hope--and installed it. Everything went fine until I wanted to play,lol. I clicked on the BF icon on the desktop to start playing the game and then it says Cannot locate the CD-ROM, please insert the correct CD-ROM.select OK and restart application. So I do, still nothing. I even tried re-installing but no luck...any Ideas why this would be happening?

10. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Sorry about the late responses, but it looks like you need a no-cd patch. Try this website www.astalavista.box.sk

11. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

thanks for the site, but where do I click for this "no cd-patch" ? sorry, lol im kinda lost...

12. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

nvm, I found it, thanks

13. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ok, I have downloaded the no-cd crack program, and when I go to crack the file i click on the BF 1942.exe file but it says "Error, Cannot locate file"
    any idea why?...im having a bad time with these games, lol...

14. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

What you need to do is cut and paste the hacked patch into the main directory of the orignal application launcher, in other words, the directory that has the all files. Once you paste it, it will ask you if you want to overwrite it, click yes. Once that is complete you should be able to launch the game.

p.s: you should make a back-up copy of the original BF application, just in-case something went wrong.

15. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

how do I copy and paste the patch though...when I went to the site, I clicked on the patch and then It downloads to a folder, then I click on the program (.exe) and it launches...I cant find where I would be able to copy and paste any text.

16. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

and I think im screwed now, beacuse I downloaded a patch to help run .exe files, and it did something to the games files. It wont even let me uninstall... this is what it says:

"C:/PROGRA~1COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\enigine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll<UNINSTALL_CMD>
    The specified module could not be found."

P.S- Sorry about all these questions, its just im not good with these kind of things--hacks and what not...

17. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

No problem man, glad to help. Now since your using windows xp, you should be able to do a system restore a day before you installed the game, however, thats if it was enabled to begin with.

p.s: do you know what a system restore is? If not, just msg me and i will be glad to help!

18. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ya i know what it is, lol i was trying to do it last night just didnt know where i would go to do it.
    If you could guide me through the steps, that would be great.

19. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

No problem, here are the steps:
    -click on start
    -click on All Programs
    -move your cursor towards Accessories
    -move your cursor towards System Tools
    -Then click on System Restore ( it should be at the bottom)
    -Your default setting should be the first option, Restoring it to an earlier time
    -Click on next
    -Select the date or time you want to restore it to
    -Besure thats the date and time you want
    -Click on next
    -And it should begin the process followed by a restart
    -Then when windows boots up, a dialog screen will appear asking if this is what you wanted or if you want to undo,
    -click on Next or whatever button there is to commence the finilization of System Restore and your done.

p.s: For the best possible results of restoring the system you should allow windows to maximize the amount of megabytes given for restoration.

To do this, at the beginning of the System Restore process( where you choose the options of restor) go to System Restore Setting, the drive that will be highlighted should be the C:/, if not, just select it, then go Setting, located beside it and move the bar to the right for maximum restoration. The more the merrier!

20. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

No problem, here are the steps:
    -click on start
    -click on All Programs
    -move your cursor towards Accessories
    -move your cursor towards System Tools
    -Then click on System Restore ( it should be at the bottom)
    -Your default setting should be the first option, Restoring it to an earlier time
    -Click on next
    -Select the date or time you want to restore it to
    -Besure thats the date and time you want
    -Click on next
    -And it should begin the process followed by a restart
    -Then when windows boots up, a dialog screen will appear asking if this is what you wanted or if you want to undo,
    -click on Next or whatever button there is to commence the finilization of System Restore and your done.

p.s: For the best possible results of restoring the system you should allow windows to maximize the amount of megabytes given for restoration.

To do this, at the beginning of the System Restore process( where you choose the options of restor) go to System Restore Setting, the drive that will be highlighted should be the C:/, if not, just select it, then go Setting, located beside it and move the bar to the right for maximum restoration. The more the merrier!