1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittorrent

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by xboxdisc, Mar 23, 2007.

1. xboxdisc

xboxdisc Member

Hi, I'm having some trouble at home. Someone is stealing all the bandwidth from the router, and I know it is because someone is using bittorrent. Is there a way to stop it from accessing the internet, or at least, using my router to download?

2. kateman

kateman Regular member

lock the router down and/or turn it off when your not useing it as anybody can crack the encryption of a router.

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Is someone in you family doing this? Do any of your PC's/laptops use a wireless connection?

4. xboxdisc

xboxdisc Member

Yes, someone in my family is using bittorrent. I am using a wireless connection, but the one using the bittorrent is connected to the router through a cable.

I am unable to find a stable fix for this problem. Solutions like changing the port number and unplugging the power supply are worthless. Those can be overcome easily.

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Im at a loss as to what to do. as I have never had this problem and therefore dont know were to look for an answer. Who is the one downloading with bittorrent? a child? do you have "control" over their computer?

6. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

well you can log onto your router and you can actually block some programs from accesing the internet, is easy to knock the connection of a computer from your router, what brand and model of router you have, im familiar with netgear, linksys and dlink. maybe i can direct you in the right direction.