1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bivx

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sjpsam, Jun 14, 2003.

1. sjpsam

sjpsam Guest

Hello, Newbie here can NE1 help. I have got a video file which is bivx. Can this be converted into VCD?? if so how, or do i need some sort of codec? I have tried to create a pcm file from it using decompress avi decompressor, but i keep getting an error message could not render video stream. I have tried it with TMPGEnc also and it will not work with that either, I get the error message can not open, or unsupported.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

A BivX file is a DivX movie that has multiple languages (2 Audio Tracks). You should be able to convert it in the same way you convert a DivX file, ie. using TMPGEnc.

The chances are that if you are able to view this movie (have you viewed it already?) that it will be in French! French audio movies tend to be BviX more often than english

3. sjpsam

sjpsam Guest

I have tried to view it through windows median player and it says that it is unsupported. Any suggestions as to how i can at least view it?