1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black and White Films

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ahjukhir, Nov 5, 2007.

1. ahjukhir

ahjukhir Member

So i have the Young Frankenstein DVD that i would like to compress. My usual method is AutoGK, with xvid and 1/5DVR for under 2 hrs. Now i just ripped it and it seems pretty good, yet i'd like to know if there are better ways of encoding black and white films, maybe even tools for cleaning them up, even though this is a pretty clean copy. THanks

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i know AutoGK and i know xvid, but, 1/5DVR im not sure what that is?

there are tools that clean up avi, virtualdubmod is one its a free awesomely professional software, i use it occasionally, V-Dub has its own filters loaded you can use to modify alot of aspects of an avi...

any help with V-Dub let me know, below is a pic of what it can do...

filters used were contrast / sharpen

[​IMG]

3. ahjukhir

ahjukhir Member

um the 1/5DVR is 896mb, not too significant. Anyways i have fooled around with virtualdub/nod/nan and it does see really powerful. Um i tried to encode young frankenstein, black and white, from a dvd, ripped to my harddrive, with autogk in Divx mode, and it said that it was the wrong source format. but xvid worked fine. as i said it seemed to make an outline at all the places where the black and white meet, creating this somewhat obvious line. just wondering if there was a specific way to encode black and white films.