1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black at top of screen, audio out of sync

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TechSys, Mar 20, 2005.

1. TechSys

TechSys Guest

After reading a lot of threads, I still haven't found out what the problem could be. I am a complete n00b (2 days now), so I need all the help I can get.
    The problem I am having with burnt DVDs is, 1) black at the top of the screen, seems like the movie is pushed down to the bottom of the screen (on a standalone player), 2) audio is out of synce by 1 or 2 seconds (again, on a stadalone)
    I tried the burnt disc on the computer and everything works like it's supposed to.
    I used Isobuster to rip the .dat files and convert them to .mpg. I then used TMpegDVD Author to convert over to dvd layout or format. Then I used Nero 6 to burn the dvd. Originally the movie was VCD and in PAL format (I think I need NTSC format, not sure)

Anyways, I need to figure out how to center the movie and sync the audio. Anybody got any ideas. I can try to go into more detail if needed. The standalone player is a symphonic VHS/DVD combo, not sure of the model number.

2. keras

keras Regular member

Yep, the format issue is your problem. PAL format uses a different resolution than NTSC, hereby giving you this problem

3. TechSys

TechSys Guest

Thanks. I was finally able to get one movie to actually work right. Not sure what I did or used to do it, but it plays correct. Now every time I try to do another one, the sound is aprox 30 seconds ahead of the video.
    I am finding out one thing though, do not tust all these all-in-one applications that supposedly do everything.. they usually don't.
    I think I have made 10 coasters so far. I will get it though, sometime.