1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or White Ipod Video??

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by MrToast, Oct 17, 2005.

1. thiagofll

thiagofll Member

Hey Guys,

I just bought the new Ipod Video in white. Even though I loved the Ipod Nano in black the black video ipod didn't really do it for me. Also I have the new Imac computer which is white so I guess I just wanted it to match, I don't know....I am still not sure which one I should settle with...what do you guys think? Looking at the picture posted, should I buy the black Ipod video?

Here's the link for the pic: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=388728&pid=586786686&st=30&#entry586786686

POST #45 on November, 09 2005

2. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/Doggy_Bot/post-140466-1131522455.jpg[/
    img]

Is that it? Sweet! I am also planning on getting the new iMac and the iPod Video (Black)!

PS: Are those JBL Creature II Speakers any good, ive been intrested in them for some time
    now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2005
  3. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

Thiagofil did u get a case with ur iPod Video? If so how's the case?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  4. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

How's the screen size on The iPod Video? To small? perfect? Is the Picture/video quality clear and is it too long in length and width?

-Thanks

5. thiagofll

thiagofll Member

Hey I'm gonna try to answer all 3 questions (If I forget any, let me know)
    The screen size is just perfect, I am ripping movies from my DVD collection using Handbreak (its free), it usually takes 500 MB and the picture quality is awesome. So the screen is a perfect size.
    The JBL Creature speakers are great. I had a problem with the first one I bought though, it sounded like it had no bass. I was about to return and just buy new speakers, till I found out it was defective. Never had any problems with these since. I love these speakers (they are as good as the bose computer speakers companion3).
    The case it comes with is made of white sued, and the good thing is, you can use the wheel when it is inside the case ( I don't know if it is made for that, but it works for me)...

6. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Thanks thiagofll, you've been quite helpful, and welcome to AfterDawn!

7. thiagofll

thiagofll Member

Yup, that's it.....I couldn't find out how to post pictures here....

8. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

To post a pic, just put the proper tags, like I do below, just take out the star when you do it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2005
  9. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Anyway the iPod seems to be cool, did you get the 30gb or 60 gb?

10. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

Thanks for the info I'll probably get the iPod Video 30GB white in a month or two.

11. thiagofll

thiagofll Member

Hey thanks for the tip (to post a pic)....I got the 30GB, I was going to get the 60GB but its too
    thick, it is as thick as the old ipod 60GB if not just a little thinner. The 30GB is more portable,
    its so thin that it looks more like the new version of the Ipod Mini if they hadn't come up with
    the Nano (the Nano is a little bigger than the ipod shuffle, impressive). Which one are you
    looking to get? 30GB or 60GB?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  12. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

30gb black, the 60gb is over-priced and yes, not as thin as it should...

13. thiagofll

thiagofll Member

Cool...They should come up with the iMac in Black. They made the new iPod that looks just like the iMac in black and white...and no black iMac...I would have purchased the black iMac version in a heartbeat

14. thiagofll

thiagofll Member

[​IMG]
    iMac Black Version

15. OCDgamer

OCDgamer Member

That things scratches too friggin easy. Air molecules pass by and scratch the damn thing, lol...

16. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I like the white ipod, because it is the classic colour of the ipod series.

17. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

Does any1 think I can get $180 or more for selling my iPod Mini 2nd generation with standard accesories, 2 and a half years left on my warranty, an iSnug, and a car charger?

-Thanks

18. thiagofll

thiagofll Member

Hey....Well I am not sure. Before I bought my iPod Video, I had an iPod Mini 6GB, it looked brand new, no scratches no nothing. I sold it on Ebay for $210.00 (had to pay ebay fees, paypal fees, it came down to 195.00)..Now, does your iPod Mini have any scratches? How many gigs is it? From what i understood it no longer has a factory warranty, some people on Ebay would be skeptical about that, but give it a shot, you never know....

19. thiagofll

thiagofll Member

Oh nevermind I just reread your post, So it seems that you have Apple Care...That is a PLUS. Make sure if you sell it on Ebay, you disclose that it comes with Apple Care. I am sure you will be able to sell it. Just make sure you disclose if there are any scratches, people on Ebay are kind of picky, you wouldn't want to score a bad feedback...If you have any questions, on how to sell on ebay I would be glad to help.

20. MrToast

MrToast Guest

Just an update, and I know it has been said before but of all the converters I have used to make movies for the pod Nero Recode 2 is working the best (and fast) in case someone cared!