1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black screen after burn ok before

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by cylon, Jan 23, 2003.

1. cylon

cylon Member

I don't know if others have had this problem or not but...

I used DVD2SVCD to rip a dvd and the resultant saved VOB files are ok + work with power DVD. But, when I use CDRWIN to write it to CD I get sound but no picture. Does anyone know whats wrong + can help me?

2. cylon

cylon Member

Can't anyone please help me as I have been trying for 2 days to get it working and have wasted 8 CD's :-(

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

When I use DVD2SVCD i dont create image file. I get .mpgs instead and burn them with nero and i have no problems that way!

4. cylon

cylon Member

Thanx for the reply dela :) . Er.. this may sound silly, but where's the option to get dvd2svcd to create an mpeg movie file? It produces a VOB file + a cue list for proggys to use but I can't find an mpeg movie.

On the plus side though I've started using daemon tools to try so I'm not wasting cd's anymore. I just get powerDVD to read the files from the ghost drive, but its still only sound + a black screen.

5. cylon

cylon Member

AHA! I got the mpeg movie + ran it but its black screen + only sound. so I'm doing something wrong with DVD2SVCD. I have left everything as dufault but am ripping only 1 chapter. I am not touching the interlacing though as I don't know anything about it + I don't think this DVD is interlaced anyway. But there is progress, please if you can tell me what could possibly be wrong I'd appreciate it :) .

6. cylon

cylon Member

Gaffered it! :) . DVD2svcd wasn't using tmpg encoder propper so I set up the work with dvd2svcd then ran tmpg encoder seperate + it totally worked + set up the empeg movie which I just shoved into cd with Nero. ( I'm telling this cos I know someone else had tha same problem ).

Anyway, puzzle solved :) ( Amazing what a cybernetic cylon brain can do innit lol )