1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black screen o' death (cant boot computer)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by sniper128, Mar 24, 2007.

1. sniper128

sniper128 Guest

hey, just build a new computer and when i boot up nothing happens...it just sits. im sure its not the graphics card cause i already tryed 3 diffrent ones, and i all the fans spin and what no. i think its the cpu cause im not getting any beeps when the computer boots up.

any suggestions?

2. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

is you video cards jumper set to your region? it may just be a jumper but try the cpu thing too.

3. sniper128

sniper128 Guest

im fairly positive its the cpu because when i start up i have a post display, and it always gets stuck at 18 which is like detecting the cpu and what band it is and all that junk.

i think one of the pins on the mobo got screwed up, any ideas on how to fix it?

4. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

have you tried another mobo? if one of the pins is messed up on there it could be overloading the cpu. that would stop the system from booting so it wont "hurt" itself.

5. sniper128

sniper128 Guest

yea, i dont have another mobo that i could use. ive been trying to fix the pin and bend it straight but not much luck.

any ideas?

6. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

try pliers. but make sure its unplugged. but BE CAREFUL not to break your pin off... lol!

7. sniper128

sniper128 Guest

lol, i was thinking more along the lines of tweezers and utility blades, lol. ill try both, but i think the pin might already be broken.

8. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

lol yeah you may need a new mobo if it breaks... haha!

9. sniper128

sniper128 Guest

ive decided to give up. im going to blow up the mobo, lol. and im just going to buy a package. im to lazy to put another computer together, lol.

-thanks guys.

10. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

ok man. hope it works out.