1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black screen on boot up.. SOMEBODY HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by badboy25, Dec 31, 2005.

1. badboy25

badboy25 Guest

When i turn on the computer(not mine my brothers brand new dell only cheap one £300) it shows white writting on screen mouse ok and stuff and i can press f12 to get into the bios but doesn't load xp just goes to a completly black screen.We put a new graphics card geforce 6600 and it said on the box it needs a 300W power supply so we put in a 300W unit and all was working fine graphics card fine. a couple of days later i'd given him daemon tools to install and during installation, it crashed to a blue screen and wouldn;t do any thing so he turned it off now it wont boot. cant re install windows because it came with no windows disk. already installed.

Pentium 4 2.8GHz
    512 RAM
    52x cd/wr drive

2. pvt213

pvt213 Member

it sounds like the operating system is corrupt or the hdd has had it, i doubt daemon tools would have anything to do with it. Perhaps u should put your bro's hdd in your computer, run a virus scan and make sure there are no vital system files missing. Run a hdd self test through the bios, if it checks out fine try removing the graphics card, and if that fails id say u need an xp cd to run a recovery.

3. badboy25

badboy25 Guest

I did a hdd self test and a load of other tests from the bios and all was ok no errors showed, so iwill try to remove the graphics card although the only other graphics were on board and i disabled them when i installed the new card, i will let you know how i get on cheers for the reply pvt213.

4. badboy25

badboy25 Guest

managed to fix it. got hold of a windows xp cd and re installed.cheers.

5. rundata

rundata Guest

Actually i think you may find daemon tools was probably responsible. My friend has the same problem, daemon tools just will not work on that pc, it just gives a bsod (blue screen of death lol) when it starts installing the virtual hardware. I wouldnt recommend using it if this happens again