1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackadder Box Set FUDGE UP

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by SabreLord, Dec 5, 2003.

1. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I recently backed up the entire Blackadder series 1-4. Out of all four of them, 1 was a success and the other 3 were useless.

The failed ones pause during playback and cannot be dycrypted back onto the hard disk. I have had to redo the 3 dodgy ones from scratch as I deleted the image.

Do any of you know why this has happened I have never had problems like this before?

What is the likely cause of all these failures?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

DVD Dycrypter
    DVD2One Version 113
    Nero
    Media used Ritek Yellow Overprint

2. pieman

pieman Regular member

Hello mate.I have also recently backed up the blackadder set and father ted with no probs.Because of the quality issue ie over 7 gig on one commercial disc, i split the episodes int two lots of 3 which means that there is no compression.to do this ,i use dvd shrink in reauthor mode to do each disc seperatly to hold 3 episodes.I have no menus (god they are annoying) or extras...just the titles.I then burn using nero 5.5 1042, video copy.Of course you could use shrink to do the whole disc if you prefer.However whilst this is going on, ive shut everything down...nothing else is running on my pc.Having experianced blips and glitches whilst doing music using applications, i like to use a quiet pc!.I do use dvd2one for other backups, im using 130 at the moment and its fine.Im just wondering if its your media.Ive listened to the likes of oriphus and herbsman and taken thier advice on what discs to use and have no coasters.A decent ritek disc such as clonedisc makes all the differance(you get what u pay for).Ive tried quite a few from the fairs and u have to be careful....not all ritek discs are what they seem...there are differant grades.Even brands change the dyes used-ive had infinity riteks that were ok,and infinitys that use a sony dye and the differance is massive...the sony dye discs were made on a potters wheel total crap but still an infinity disc.A useful little tool to check your disc/dye id is dvdinfopro.Although not 100% accurate its as good as youre gonna get.well this lot works for me...hope u get it sorted

3. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Thanks for the advice pieman.

I use Ritek's overprints which have been very successful for me in the past and they can cost as little as half the price of a clone disc.

What I really need is some sort of tester software that can tell me whether a burn is perfect or not.

The blackadders seem okay now, maybe my DVD writer had a bad day that day because I also copied onto a Traxdata which had the same poor result.

The blackadders are quite poor quality to begin with which is why I decided to copy them via DVD2one including menus.

4. pieman

pieman Regular member

dvdinfopro is what youre after then.Its free from www.dvdinfopro.com.It will read your disc for a bad burn(useful for checking the master) and most importantly reads the disc info ie what dye is used.Its not perfect but its the best youll get.Give dvdshrink a go, youll be surprised.I agree about the quality of the series, hence i split them up onto two discs of 3 episodes each.best of luck.

5. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

How long does dvd infopro take to scan a backed up dvd? If it can tell me in 10 minutes whether my copy is perfect or not it sounds like a pretty useful tool.

I'll download now and give it a whizz.

CHeers Pieman

6. pieman

pieman Regular member

normally takes between 10-15 mins depending on the size of the disc.