1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blackberry instant messenger help plz

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by colbs, Aug 17, 2009.

1. colbs

colbs Member

i have a blackberry curve and my provider is T-Mobile and they said i dont have the blackberry add on which includes blackberry instant messenger which i want as most of my friends have a blackberry now, if i want it i have to pay an extra £5 a month for the add on.

I was wondering if there was a way round this, if i could add it to my phone myself somehow without the extra cost??

any help would be much appreciated

thanks!

2. daveUKt

daveUKt Member

Hi Colbs,

As far as I am aware, due to the Blackberry Messenger working off data as opposed to a text message, you need the Push function to be usable. And the only way to do this is to pay the fiver.

I pay it, and with the other stuff on the Blackberry like the internet and Facebook application it may be worth paying it.

If you do have internet access, it should work.

Is the application on your phone? If it isnt, go to the Blackberry Apps site, download the application, install it on Blackberry then download the Blackberry Messenger off there.

Hope this helps.

Dave