1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blacklisted port

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by duboy1, Dec 6, 2004.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

hello. i was trying to dl stuff on bittorrent and it shows and error message... port 6881 is blacklisted... i read around and i think it said to port forward taht port in my router... so i began teh port 6881 and ended 6889. It still does not work. i changed my ip to my computer to a designated ip so i can allow that port to accept the file, but it still didnt work. I have no clue what to do from here and any help would be nice. The only other thing i could think of is something with the internet connection. i have verizon dsl and its a PPPoE connection, which doesnt that reassign the ips to computers everytime it logs onto the internet? Well thanks for any help!

-sorry... wrong forum i posted this in.. i will reput it in file sharing applications
    duboy1

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I had the same problem once. What I did was switch to bit tornado. It lets you set the ports you want to use yourself so I just set it to use a range of ports that didn't include the blacklisted port.