1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade bm 7000s hd satellite receiver

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Dubfella, Mar 20, 2011.

1. e45

e45 Regular member

Its just a pity its closed sourced box and could very much end up like the Starview Combo if support was dropped unlike the Dreamboxes that are not closed sourced boxes and anybody can patch them and plenty of images available for them

Good stuff HiTeck on the tutorial im sure many people will be looking forward to that

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

how do you get 7 day epg IN SOME AREAS. as i understand epg you will always get only now/next unless you can download from internet or use skys proprietary epg software?

3. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Why, the starivew combo still works on the sat side?. Are you getting confused with cable maybe.

4. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I have 7 day EPG with the 122p, at the end of each group list there is a 7 day epg download, you click OK on that and wait, after about a minute I get 7 days EPG.

Firmware updates will I am sure better this further.

This should explain more,

you must download latest channel list (from "blade online" which you can access in the menu) to get the 7 day epg...

THis has the 9991 option

Blade BM7000s software - 11 APRIL 2011

Mega-Update, with many new powerful functions:

1. 7 Day EPG: Box is now compatible with 7 Day/PVR EPG streams in Europe and Middle East.

2. FAV Group navigation: Now you can use << and >> in Channel List mode to change thru FAV Groups.

3. Blade Online - Now you can download channel files online, without using USB stick.

4. Timeshift Mode added - Select in MENU>UTILS>DISK MANAGER>Auto Timeshift.

5. User Online Update added - User can now add their own online update function:-

MENU>SYSTEM SETTINGS>IP SETTINGS>BLUE (Firmware Update)>BLUE (Edit) - User can now either add IP address or URL of their Blade Stream Media Server. See section below about setting up Blade Stream.

6. Media Player:-

Press PLAY or F1 to start player (as before).
    Now users can stream from their PC or another PC across internet as well as normal USB. To set up streaming from PC use Blade Stream software (see section below about setting up Blade Stream software).

7. NTSC Mode added.

8. Increased media file compatibility for playback.

9. Small bug fixes.

BLADE STREAM
    ------------

Blade Stream is very powerful software that runs on any Windows PC which will allow a BM7000s to connect direcly to that PC and stream movies, or download firmware or channel data files directly.

The software does not need any install. It is available at Blade Media in the support pages.

1. Simply unzip Blade Stream folder to desktop (or your chosen location) and run BLADE Stream.exe

2. Windows Firewall will ask you to allow access - say YES.

3. Next, on Blade Stream, click '...' button to browse to your media and channel file (.CDF) folder and click OK. Blade Stream will now minimise to the taskbar and is now ready to stream.

4. On your Blade Receiver, press PLAY (or F1) on the remote and press YELLOW to ADD OR SELECT SOURCE. Press Blue button to ADD or CONNECT. Here you type the local IP address of the PC that you just put the Blade Stream software on, for example 192.168.1.3 etc.

Once you enter this and press OK you will see the directory list of your media folder. Now you can play any movie from your PC just by selecting it, or load any firmware or channel files in the list.

For streaming across the internet to a friend's receiver, do the following: When entering the new source (as above where you entered 192.168.1.3) you will put the external IP or URL of your friend's PC, eg. 93.12.145.76 or myfriend.dynalis.com etc.

Your friend must also forward port 2008 in his router to his PC that is running Blade Stream.

Now you can watch media files from your friend's PC across the internet. Note: You will both need fast stable internet for this function, if it is not fast and stable it may make problems with the stability of your receiver. The serving PC can only stream one movie at a time. If a new selection is made it wil stop the first one and start the new one.

5. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Also the DB800 only has 1080I on my recollection, I stand corrected on this of course.

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

so it is an internet download of epg. correct about dm800. good guide!

7. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Thanks, that is just the read me, the guide will follow mate and yes for now just a download of the epg although compatible with 7 Day/PVR EPG streams in Europe and Middle East.

Cracking box imo so far.

8. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

e45...on skywonder website...under the dreambox 800 hd box, it gives you price options of ASC and DESC, what are those, price changes dramatically when those options are fiddled with...thanks

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The blades have been getting rave reviews for quality, performance.

10. e45

e45 Regular member

No i know they dont work on the cable side because of the box been closed sourced there will also be no more images made for the sat side of that box either for the very same reason

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  11. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Has nothing to do with it being closed source, they dont need to change the image for sat because it still works, the point your making that if the firmware developers decide to stop backing this box then it's the end of the blade is flawed.

No offence meant and I dont want to get in another pointless argument with you but do some more research before throwing information like that out.

You seem to already have a cause to turn people against this box with thee above statements. Lets keep our past out of this and concentrate on the facts please.

The Blade has had nothing but good reviews and won a wot sat award, the blade has 1080p whereas the dm800 only has 1080i which makes quite a difference to my surprise.

Being a user of both I can honestly say the blade is a better box, and I know the DB is a very good receiver, but I haven't come across a box with this quality of picture and I have had a few, also for the new thinking of moving from cable to sat, this is ideal because of the ease of use.

Have you had a play with the Blade yet?.

12. e45

e45 Regular member

Not at the present time i have not got that box all im saying is that the blade is closed sourced box and dream is not im not saying blade is going to go down or anything but people are entitled to know the differences between open and closed boxes thats all m8 personally i would prefer a box that can be patched by anyone and not be waiting or beholding to someone waiting for patches to come

Yep i agree the Blade is a simple user friendly box compared to the dream which does need a bit of pc knowledge and as i dont have a blade i cant compare the picture quality all i can go on is what is have knowledge off this is my personal opinion only that is all im given here

13. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Fair play.

Guide will follow soon, you will have fun trying to take out the watermarks with this one lol.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  14. londonjon

londonjon Member

The Blade is semi-open source, closed source is as it says.

The DM's are not for people with little time on there hands, these type of boxes can be high maintenance, but admittedly there great once up + running.

@ Mojo88, if you want a nearly new DM800 and Smargo Card reader let me know as i have one spare (Genuine)

15. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

Hi dub any news on the wireless dongle.
    Thanks/jack..

16. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

on sat boxes can you run more than 1 cline at the same time? like if i had 2 clines, can i have them both "connected" at the same time ?

17. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Yes you can no problem, I have 3 running atm.

18. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

Thanks HiTeck...but how does that really work? i mean..with more than 1 active cline at the same time, which connection's does the channels use? if you have say 2 active clines at same time, then could one of the line be idle, or both lines are used for sure, how does it work? im just very curious to know.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  19. e45

e45 Regular member

Removed

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  20. e45

e45 Regular member

Removed

Last edited: May 3, 2011