1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade box advice

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spiritwal, Jul 19, 2011.

1. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

have i missed something here the blade combo is dvb-s and dvb-t(freeview box)?? but dont say anything on techking u get banned lol mr noleyf true? i lasted 3mins lol.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. e45

e45 Regular member

its dvbs and dvbc as far as i know,only prob is there is no ser*** for the cable so what is the point of the combo, its the same as the SV combo only works on Sat side now.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  3. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

well on the blade website it states its dvbs and dvbt and not dvbc unless thats the way to get them in.

ahh but i see on other websites you have the choice of the second tuner beeing dvbt or dvbc. but as e45 says useless without a cable server maybe for the future as per starviw pay as you go.
    tbh whats the point of it cause more channels and hd channels on the sat side anyway and easy to get cslines.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  4. blue88

blue88 Member

while recording box wont let me watch another channel, only a select few which could be in any order.

5. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

you can only watch the few channels that are on the same transponder as the channel you are recording.blade is not a twin tuner box.

6. blue88

blue88 Member

its a bit useless having a record function on these boxs then.

7. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

i completely diagree with that. the record function does record, as it should, and only reason its not fully compatible to view other channels during recording is because its not a twin tuner.

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

agree with gerrard08. the dreambox 800 has the exact same problem. only difference is that you can install a usb tuner on the back of the dm800 to allow you the option of a second tuner so you can watch and record at the same time