1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade box set up problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Sjbpa1, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Sjbpa1

Sjbpa1 Member

Hi,

I've just set up my box using the instructions in the tutorial and I am getting a message on the box saying lnbf and it is also completely frozen. the only way to turn it off is using the switch on the back.

2. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

have u loaded the correct firmware? u need the Unofficial version dated 25/04/2011. go to Menu from remote and chek what firmware it says in System Info.

3. Sjbpa1

Sjbpa1 Member

I think I must have the wrong firmware but I'm not sure how to load the correct one now because whenever I turn the box on now it just freezes and displays lnbf. Is there a way of doing a factory reset, or can firmware be loaded via computer?

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

as i understand you download blade firmware and put on usb stick. then put usb stick into blade, power off and power on and thats it

5. Sjbpa1

Sjbpa1 Member

Thanks, will try it in the morning and let you guys know if it worked.

6. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

this will work for you:
    How do I enter Engineer Boot menu ? With box turned off, hold down MENU button on front panel and turn box on. You will enter the Engineer Boot Menu. From here you can select a file to flash, auto-flash and factory reset.

7. Sjbpa1

Sjbpa1 Member

Got into the egineer mode and did a factory reset. Then I successfully installed the firmware dated 25/04/11. As soon as I exit out of the menu the box completely freezes again with lnbf displayed on the box and no or bad signal on the tv.

8. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

LNBF Error usually means blown Tip42C Transistor.THATS ON THE SPIDERBOX SO MAYBE THE SAME ON THE BLADE?? if so send your box back.BUT i would email blade media support to confirm that lnbf error is a faulty box. you will find their email on their site at www.blademedia.tv they are very good at getting back to you.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  9. Sjbpa1

Sjbpa1 Member

I just sent them an email so will see what they say. I bought the box from skywonder, if it does need changing do I need to send it back to them?

10. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

yes but skywonder a good company and if the box was sent faulty you should not have to pay postage as its covered for 12months.

11. Sjbpa1

Sjbpa1 Member

Hey guys turns out it's not a faulty box, it's actually my dodgy wiring skills. Checked the box with other connection and it works fine. Thanks for all the help anyway, much appreciated.

12. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

ahh now we know for future what lnbf means on the blade.glad you sorted it.

13. Sjbpa1

Sjbpa1 Member

Hi,

Finally had time to sort all my cabling out and the box is working perfectly. But I'm having problems aligning the channels to match sky. I've tried menu > blade online > uk - astra 28.2e > uk 01-09-11 but this doesn't work, still got channels listed in alphabetical order. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks