1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blank disc not recognized

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by spinedoc, May 10, 2007.

1. spinedoc

spinedoc Member

OK, I got about 12 dvd's burnt and then when it comes time to burn to the blank disc, it passes it up and tells me that the files have been stored in video TS. It completely passes up the BURN. Then I tried to burn the Video TS file to a dvd-r and the "record now" program keeps telling me to "insert a blank disc". I have tried many discs and its always then same thing "insert a blank disc" it doesn't recognize my disc that I put in. Why did it work fine and now this?

Desperate,

2. spinedoc

spinedoc Member

I am using Ripit4me, DVD decrypter and DVD shrink

3. 2colors

2colors Guest

You can try to uninstall your burner, then let windows do it's thing on reinstall found new hardware. My burner quit seeing all disc cd & dvd's until I uninstalled & reinstalled the drive.

4. spinedoc

spinedoc Member

Thank you I will try it and let you know

5. spinedoc

spinedoc Member

I still get the same message...It recognizes my dvd drive but as I try more and more discs in it, it keeps saying please insert a disc into the Sony....drive.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

how did you uninstall and reinstall your drive? did you follow this guide to do it:
    http://my.afterdawn.com/alkohol/blog_entry.cfm/231/dmaissues

also you have RecordNow which is a Roxio/Sonic program..... some computers have issues with Roxio/Sonic programs and other burning software! try uninstalling the Roxio/Sonic programs and then use the programs you have to rip and burn! I would add ImgBurn to your burning software (http://www.imgburn.com/)... it's free! this will take the place of your RecordNow program! When you uninstall the Roxio/Sonic programs, run the Roxio Zapper to make sure no lingering references are left in your registry, found here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Roxio-Zap.shtml

after doing this I would do a whole computer clean up:
    1. do a registry clean with CCleaner (it's free): http://www.ccleaner.com/update/?v=1.39.502&l=1033
    do the RUN CLEANER,then hit ISSUES/SCAN ISSUES/FIX ALL ISSUES
    2. then defrag your computer
    3. then I would use a program called ERUNT & NTREGOPT.... it's a registry back up program and optomizer! very good and fixes many problems!...found here: http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ this is for Windows XP!
    4. reboot!

for some reason your computer is not recognizing your disks. Make sure you are using quality media and you keep your computer clean and running mean! Stick with the MIJ rule (Made In Japan). Look for the MIJ on the label of the box of spindle (Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxell, and some Fuji)... the only exception to this rule is Verbatim, which is top notch media but made in Taiwan/Singapore and the only non MIJs I will use. using quality media solves many problems.

if after doing all of this....... which should be done often enough to keep your computer running at it's optimum, and you still have a problem...... then check your firmware for your drive. since you have DVDDecrypter he's how:
    [​IMG]
    if you can't find your drive here then I would go to the computer manufacturers website or the drive manufacturers website and check their download driver section! Don't be afraid of doing a firmware update on your drive.

Firmware is programming that is inserted into a programmable memory area of your drive, thus becoming a permanent part of a drive. This 'software' is called firmware and can be updated with a firmware flasher. A firmware upgrade can add new functionality to your drive. Also bug fixes and improvements are done by firmware upgrades. It also adds more media codes and write strategies to the drive to improve burning capabilities and disk recognition. Doing a firmware upgrade should only improve your drive .... not hinder the drive or hurt the drive, unless you did something wrong with the installation of the firmware or tried to upgrade to the wrong firmware for that drive! In which the firmware flasher (the firmware update) will tell you if you are doing that and it will stop!! So it's to your advantage to keep your firmware up to date!

now you are equipped to solve your problem.... if this doesn't work then maybe you need to look at your computer connections or the drive itself needs replacement!

Last edited: May 13, 2007